StreamingEnabled Off By Default | Plugin

Summary
The title says it all. I just wanted to make a quick utility plugin. If you open up any Template (such as a Baseplate) this plugin will turn StreamingEnabled Off by Default. This should not turn it off for any games that are not a Template. This plugin is automatic every time you open a Template and requires no action from you!

StreamingEnabled can cause unwanted or confusing behavior if it’s on and you don’t realize it. Since most games don’t need it on installing this plugin will make sure you never forget to turn it off again.

Note: You will see “StreamingEnabled is off” in your output when this plugin runs.

Install
:page_facing_up:Get Plugin

Appendix
Please let me know if you run into any issues, I will fix it as soon as possible. Cheers!

A template is currently defined as any of these:

• Baseplates
  • Flat Terrain
  • Modern City
  • Village
  • Castle
  • Suburban
  • Racing
  • Pirate Island
  • Obby
  • Starting Place
  • Line Runner
  • Capture the Flag
  • Team/FFA Arena
  • Combat
  • Concert
  • Move It Simulator
  • Mansion of Wonder

This list can change any time and can be found in the “New” tab in Roblox Studio

4 Likes

This is very similar to my “AntiHumanoidInWorkspace” plugin.

While this is useful, I do not believe it is worth making a plugin over unless you really use a lot of template files. I’ve recently accidentally forgot to turn off streaming and it did cause some odd behavior with the scripts, but that was because they were old and were not intended to be used with streaming.

I’d advise any new scripts you write should work with streaming enabled.

that doesn’t function when you open a template, while this plugin does

though I am sick of StreamingEnabled in new templates so this plugin will help me fix the issue

1 Like

It functions when a humanoid is in workspace, which most likely happens in templates.

Every time you press the “New” button in Roblox Studio that opens up a template (Baseplate). I imagine most users open up Baseplates often to create new projects.