StreamingService gives multiple errors on place opening

When you create a new place or open any existing places (both personal and team create), there will be an error relating to the StreamingService. Output:

13:43:26.265  builtin_StreamingServiceDispatcherRegistry.rbxm.StreamingServiceDispatcherRegistry.Src.Cache.StreamCache:49: attempt to index nil with '254b03'  -  Edit
  13:43:26.265  Stack Begin  -  Studio
  13:43:26.265  Script 'builtin_StreamingServiceDispatcherRegistry.rbxm.StreamingServiceDispatcherRegistry.Src.Cache.StreamCache', Line 49 - function requestStreamSubscription  -  Studio
  13:43:26.265  Script 'builtin_StreamingServiceDispatcherRegistry.rbxm.StreamingServiceDispatcherRegistry.Src.Commands.DisplayRichText', Line 121  -  Studio
  13:43:26.265  Stack End  -  Studio
  13:43:26.287  builtin_StreamingServiceDispatcherRegistry.rbxm.StreamingServiceDispatcherRegistry.Src.Cache.StreamCache:70: invalid argument #1 to 'insert' (table expected, got nil)  -  Edit
  13:43:26.287  Stack Begin  -  Studio
  13:43:26.288  Script 'builtin_StreamingServiceDispatcherRegistry.rbxm.StreamingServiceDispatcherRegistry.Src.Cache.StreamCache', Line 70 - function storeStreamPacket  -  Studio
  13:43:26.288  Script 'builtin_StreamingServiceDispatcherRegistry.rbxm.StreamingServiceDispatcherRegistry.Src.Listeners.StreamingServiceListener', Line 491  -  Studio
  13:43:26.288  Stack End  -  Studio
  13:43:26.288  builtin_StreamingServiceDispatcherRegistry.rbxm.StreamingServiceDispatcherRegistry.Src.Cache.StreamCache:70: invalid argument #1 to 'insert' (table expected, got nil)  -  Edit
  13:43:26.289  Stack Begin  -  Studio
  13:43:26.289  Script 'builtin_StreamingServiceDispatcherRegistry.rbxm.StreamingServiceDispatcherRegistry.Src.Cache.StreamCache', Line 70 - function storeStreamPacket  -  Studio
  13:43:26.289  Script 'builtin_StreamingServiceDispatcherRegistry.rbxm.StreamingServiceDispatcherRegistry.Src.Listeners.StreamingServiceListener', Line 491  -  Studio
  13:43:26.289  Stack End  -  Studio

Have seen this issue come up for others as well: Just went on studio and got all these errors?

System Information:

• CPU: Intel(R) Core™ i5-5200U CPU @ 2.20GHz
  • GPU: Intel(R) HD Graphics 5500
  • Memory: 8 GB

Reproduction steps: Opening any place triggers the error.

4 Likes

By the way what is StreamingService? I have never heard of it.

Also i’m the one who created the post you linked to.

I have the exact same problem right now. Most likely the updated studio and theres some sort of bug i guess.

Hi, I just wanted to provide some information on this.

This error causes the initial message in Assistant to not load correctly. It only affects places with SignalBehavior set to Deferred. You shouldn’t notice any further problems resulting from this bug while using Studio.

Thanks for taking the time to report! I’ll provide another update once the fix is live.

4 Likes

Gotchu! Thanks for the info!

(And here I thought the error was related to StreamingService lol)

1 Like