Struggling to export from Blender to Roblox

So I’ve been working on some terrain on Blender but there are two separate parts to my terrain - the grass and rock beneath. I’ve followed all the instructions on this post: Blender 2.8 Mesh Importing into Roblox Studio Introduction (Tips on Scaling & Positioning)

Unfortunately the two meshes will not line up properly.

Everything in Blender is aligned:

But in Studio a problem occurs:

Anyone got any ideas how to fix this?

3 Likes

This problem occured on someone’s else’s post,
Ill post the post i’ve made to help them below:

If by chance you still have your asset saved in file, go back into blender, go to the Viewport Overlays setting, (as in the picture below i’ve circled the button)

Then you should look for a box that says “Face Orientation” once you click that, your mesh should turn blue, if its fully blue that means your mesh has normals facing the right way, if you see any red Spots all you have to do is select it (In Edit mode) and press Shift + N, if it still didn’t turn blue make sure to check/uncheck the box like below until the face turns blue.
Good luck!

3 Likes

This may be the result of the offset that occurs when you try to position a mesh that has either a default or hull collision. When you drag a mesh, it moves .04 studs off of the proper position in each direction. Try setting the collisions to box first to position your meshes, then setting it back to the original.

1 Like

Yeah thanks, this actually did fix it.

1 Like