Struggling to Grow My Horror Game

I haven’t seen any posts like this one, but I know some people have struggled with the same thing, and I would love some advice.

I have created a high-quality horror game and have been working to grow the game, but I’ve been struggling to do so. Players who play the game seem to enjoy it, but as a horror/story game, players only want to play once, which is understandable. This, of course, means that we have a very low number of returning users and low retention, just things that come with having a horror/story game.

I am doing the usual: running advertisements and trying to get YouTubers to play but I would like to do more. I would appreciate it if anyone could provide me with advice or suggestions. Also here is the link to the game if you would like to check it out - Graveyard Shift [Horror] - Roblox

4 Likes

All I can say is that as of right now, the most reliable source of marketing; TikTok.

1 Like

Without playing the game yet, I’m gonna say a few things. From the photos and thumbnail, it looks pretty solid and detailed, and I like it. However when you said that returning users won’t really return to your game, that’s kinda bad to assume, because games like Doors make people want to return because of badges and achievements, which you can also add to your game (add more like discovering easter eggs, etc.).

Another thing, I’ve seen countless of horror games related to graveyards, and yours might be a bit hard to stand out, unless you do a ton of ads and start a social media page dedicated to it. That said, imma play the game and check it out.

1 Like

just played it, the UI looked good. I would say the lobby looks boring and plain, unless it’s your style for the game. The gameplay is solid, but i found a bug where you continuously jump, the game will lag hella crazy. For the flashlight, you could probably make it smoother and cleaner like adding the feature to see your own body and holding the flashlight. Optionally you could change the static UI, personally I don’t really like it, but maybe it’s your game style, I’m not sure.

2 Likes

Holy, I just played this game and I quite literally get jump scared by the side quest that pops up. All of the elements including backstory adds a uniqueness I haven’t seen in any horror game. I genuinely think that the building and terrain needs improvement, and you should update the self-text, but this game is a solid 8/10

Wow thank you, happy to learned you enjoyed the game! Also thank you so much for the suggestions they will definitely be visited and worked on.

1 Like

Well I kinda off need more info, how big is your advertising budget? How long is your average playtime?
Without data all I can tell you is monetize well you game, make sure that is somewhat replayable, and advertise well, using budgets slowly(15k or more 20-30 days, 6-10k 10-15, less is basically useless)

1 Like