Struggling with clothing store ratings

I have created a clothing store that has been out for a while (1 million+ visits). Ever since it has been released, the like/dislike ratio has been falling and has recently plummeted to 57%. The game functions exactly as it is supposed to: players are able to purchase and try on clothing in-game. I have been steadily releasing updates and fresh clothing, however the rating never rises. Other clothing stores seem to be managing around 80% ratings, and I do no understand why mine has been struggling.

Thank you for reading! I would greatly appreciate any insight and feedback. Feel free to check out the store here.

5 Likes

I joined your game, and I noticed that almost everybody was just trying things out, a girl bought like 10 shirts. I really liked the store, simple and easy purchase. But I’m not fully aware of why people would dislike. Maybe you could add a feedback GUI and a message sent by the server to tell people to send feedback so you can know what people like or dislike.

Anything that you could add to obtain a customer’s feedback would work.
Sorry if I sound very confusing.

3 Likes

I’d hope that as a cafe/clothing store owner that you’d understand the stigma regarding groups like that. Clothing stores are often disliked by many parts of the community because of the people they attract, the social groups that go there, and the staff at cafes and clothing stores. You brought the point up about other clothing stores having 80% ratings, that may be because they only attract purchasers, and not critics.

1 Like

Thanks! I will certainly try to get some player feedback.

I just joined your game which had 2 other players. It may be noted that a lot of games can be targeted by dislike bots (not sure why) but there have been posts about it. If you think they’re not bots, then heres my feedback: your store is quite small and the girls clothes are a little masculine. Otherwise, the men’s department upstairs has a boring range of clothing. Unfortunately, in 80% of homestores, the mens department is inferior by far. Suits with different colored ties and not the best quality as the outlines are a little jagged, and most players are not interested in suits. Most homestores are successful because they sell famous brand clothes, supreme, bape, offwhite etc. Your homestore stands out a little more compared to the generic sellout stuff. I didn’t see your prices but they may have been high. My friend owned a homestore and players joined the game complaining of prices and disliked the game because they couldnt afford 5 robux. I will also add that there is a lot of competition so if you’ve made enemies or something then that could be a factor. May it also be known that the other 2 people in game were not even in the store and there was a player jumping in the water… TL;DR make your store bigger, add a larger variety of clothes

2 Likes

Likely a target of dislike bots. I see nothing particularly wrong with the store, or why a mass amount of people would automatically dislike the game for no apparent reason. Clothes look good, store itself looks good.

I’ve told someone before who struggled with the same issue, but the only thing you can really do is wait for your ratings to slowly improve over time, or completely move to another place, which I’m sure most people wouldn’t want to do.

One last question; were the dislikes slowly rising or did you see a sudden spike?

1 Like

Thanks for the kind feedback! The dislikes have been accumulating gradually, so I doubt that it is due to mass botting.