[STUCK] Bullet Holes wont clip to SurfaceGui - Issue

Hi, this is my second post on this issue since I didn’t get a lot of help from previous post.

Before I was using decals (on parts) to show the bullet hole, but then I switched to images(on SurfaceGui). I changed since SurfaceGui can clip images (so that the bullet hole wont go over the part area).

Everything works fine and it clips it until I adjust rotation property for the image (same goes to other elements that contain this property). It just stops clipping it if it’s more/less than 0. I’ve went to other games to see how they do it and what they do is just choosing a random id of bullet hole image (so it would look different).

Is there any other way to rotate image with a script (as well as clip it)?
I want to hear some other solutions to this problem. And why in first place it stops clipping it.

1 Like

Are you using ClipDescendants?

2 Likes

Yes, pretty much. What else can you use?

Nothing. Sorry to say this, but if something is rotated, it won’t be clipped. This is a limitation by Roblox and there is no other workaround, sadly.

Well… Will Roblox fix it then in near future? Since to me it seems like a bug/not added feature.

It’s not a bug and it doesn’t require a fix. That’s how it works.

1 Like

Well then not added feature (too bad cant request a feature…). Would be really cool if they do add it. And to me it makes no-sense when it says “Clip Descendants” but then it doesn’t cause you just rotated it.

Hopefully they got a good reason for not adding it in first place.

Very late but im having the same problem, have you found a fix? If not the only thing I can thing of is somehow determining if the BulletHole is on an edge, and if so, just not rotate it.

Just reupload the same asset with the rotated variations of the image and create a table of IDs for each one.

That should help vary the looks of the impacts… a tedious loophole but it works.

2 Likes

Never thought of that LOL thanks.

Another thing you could try without uploading a bunch of rotated images is a canvasgroup if you’re ok with the risk of it not loading/being downscaled at lower graphics qualities

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.