Studify - Easily convert studs to real world metrics

Studify

Easily convert studs to real world metrics and vice versa

Website Getting Started Documentation GitHub Roblox

About

Studify is a Library with the aim of making it fast and simple to convert studs to real world metrics such as meters and inches and vice versa. It is an open source project on GitHub.

Getting Started

Setting up a Studify project is very simple we have a guide on our website.

Getting Started

Documentation

Our website includes documentation in the form API references. Our documentation also includes the formulas used for each function if you would like to script the conversions yourself.

API References

GitHub

GitHub

On Bolt’s GitHub we encourage all developers to use the issues and the discussion sections. Please post you issues in the issues tab and all Q&A’s, feature requests, etc. in the discussions section.

Comments

I would like to thank this article for providing the inspiration for making this library:

Please feel free to leave suggestions as to what I should add. It would really help. If you would like to support this project feel free to visit ICrann | Donate

Thank you everyone for showing your interest in the project :+1:

11 Likes

it is a pleasure to be an integral part of your code library studify. :smile:

2 Likes

This is an awesome converter, but the measurements are backwards. your api and script claim that “studs * .28 = meters” but “meters * .28 = studs”. that isn’t super useable for your code so 1/.28 is 3.571428571. So studs * 3.571428571 = meters. Here are some pics from game settings to prove my point.
WalkSpeed1
Walkspeed2
This should be a simple fix as you just have to replace all instances of .28 with 1/.28 or the mouthful of a number 3.571428571. I hope I helped you out with this cool converter.

Edit: I Shouldn’t be doing math late at night, and I should actually give it a test before I make a comment. Studs are larger than meters and I should have known right away my thought process was whack. I usually end up making mistakes on the simplest of things lol. My bad sorry for the useless criticism comment.

Quick question, Why is this easier than say going to google, typing in "roblox studs to feet(or any other measurement) and doing it yourself.

Having to open your browser, waiting for it to load, and waiting for google to load, is a bit less fast then just using this.

2 Likes

Here’s what I have been going by for the past few years since I looked it up:

10 centimetres = .36 studs
1 metre = 3.6 studs
10 metres = 36 studs
100 metres = 360 studs

The magic number is 36.

Note: these are most useful for physical measuring while building, numbers are rounded to “36” for ease of building.

1 Like

Aswell as what @no_tsi said you can use this library in a script using google or any search engine for that matter is not an option for your scripts.

1 Like

The values I use are from this topic: How To Convert Studs To Real World Units I have checked and made sure that these values are correct from multiple sources.

1 Like

This is a little suggestion from me. But I think that Studify would be way more useful if it was turned into a plugin. As if it was a plugin it would make it for sure more efficient than doing the unit conversion outside of Roblox.

The whole point of Studify as a library is to be used in code. For example if making a car Roblox only provides studs per second however you may want to provide kilometers per hour, this is where Studify comes in.

1 Like

Yeah, I fully understand that this is a library but it would be smart to make a plugin alongside the library because that would help a bunch of people. Also, a plugin would provide a decent amount of convenience that would be great for Developers.

1 Like