Studio Beta for Experience Controls Available Now

This is probably my biggest issue with this. They could just combine the pause button and the new menu into one, would save a lot of space.

3 Likes

not sure if this has anything to do with the new update (maybe the new update broke this) but this ui doesn’t load efficiently and the text doesn’t display

5 Likes

Like that doesn’t come with its own problems, certain developers would not like to have these frame sizes constantly changing for their own reasons, like games with top bar status bars

2 Likes

also it seems like the size has increased a lot

3 Likes

Now this is interesting-wasn’t expecting a revamp of the CoreGui. I love the changes, but it seems like it will be some time until it can be properly introduced into experiences.

You’re right, I was trying to solve a different problem with that post. I was rather thinking of games where there is more buttons up there and that the buttons would change position with the UI moving. I did not think of that other part

1 Like

Yes, the Y size offset has been increased from 36 to 58.

Some thoughts;

• Does GetGuiInset take into account this change? I’ve been using it for my UI for quite a while now in case this specific scenario came to be and it’ll be a shame if I have to rewrite my code despite this.
  • Where is the healthbar now located? It doesn’t seem like it has a place it will feel at home anywhere in this new UI.
  • What was the motivation behind changing to entirely circular UI over the old rounded corners motif? I know the developer modules (such as Selfie Mode) have been using this style for a while now but it doesn’t seem to match the rest of the existing UI and seems to nudge further into homogeneity if you take into account the mobile player control buttons. At the very least I’d like the ability to change the corner radius myself.

VitalWinter makes two good points here;

This is very similar to the Unity and the Core Games logo and doesn’t provide much context as to what function the button actually provides. If the intent behind putting it in the top right corner is to clarify that it contains experience controls, the icon should be related to at the very least, controls.

Similar to the above, the 9-dot icon doesn’t reflect the function of the button very well and would be better served with a hamburger (which I know is already available in the resource files!)

4 Likes

The UI wont move automatically, you have to script it yourself.

Its to the left of the new UI, it moves when you open the controls as well.

2 Likes

Very nice update, I love it, apart from the awful looking Roblox logo. The quality is extremely low, not to mention that animation when the Escape Menu is open where the logo gets bigger, ewww, it just looks terrible, clearly needs some work. Apart from that, everything is good.

Keep up the great work!

3 Likes

Apparently just judging on what I’ve seen today, GetGuiInset still works. I also wonder where the health bar will now be, because like you said, there is no place where it would look at home.
Unless they have moved it back to the bottom?

1 Like

It is still at the top right
Screenshot_738

4 Likes

While I’m sure it’ll be a bit of a pain for some people to adapt their own UI to I think this is a really neat change.
Extra screen space aside I do really like the new UI style - I think it’s much cleaner! (except for the still blurry roblox logo)

With that in mind,

I think having a few inbuilt options to add our own items to the dropdown menu / the topbar in the space next to the top left menu button would massively help maintain UI consistency and clear up some of the remaining screen space in games that don’t rely on a custom and stylised UI (for example, I often just have one or two buttons in the bottom corner of the screen which would be better out of the way in the space already occupied by the coregui) - it shouldn’t be left to the community to do this when UI changes can come at any time.

1 Like

I really dont like where the chat disable/enable button went.

2 Likes

It works and looks exactly the same on desktop. Only difference is that the corner icons are closer to the corners on desktop.

1 Like

The new styling is pretty neat but god dammit please keep the inset the same

1 Like

Not all experiences use the top of the screen as a top bar tray of items.

2 Likes

What really strikes me as odd is the varying resolution in icons. I appreciate the modernity, but c’mon, it shouldn’t be that hard to get the same resolution on your icons!

If that resolution issue gets fixed, I think the update would be just fine. Also, I’m agreeing with everyone when I say fix the padding on the icons.

6 Likes

The UI is really nice, the only thing that bothers me is the bigger size and the chat not being next to the menu
(I hope the Inventory UI will get a revamp)

5 Likes

Is the chat going to stay locked behind a menu? To have to click 2 buttons to close the chat is seriously going to be annoying.

13 Likes