Studio Beta. It's For Everyone!

This is awesome! I love it, the grass will definitely help alot.

To clarify, this feature is designed for Beta Features inside of Studio. We are still working towards the future where you will no longer need to sign up for the original Beta Tester thread. You will still need to post there to receive features such as 200 Player Servers. We hope to move away from that in the future.

5 Likes

I hope this will lead to more people trying out beta features and bringing awesome content for the rest of us to see! I have friends who aren’t in the forums but have been wanting to try out some new updates as developers. Just yeah, I only predict good things to come from this.

Does this mean that I still need to sign up for the Beta Testers program in order to access the full list of beta features? The contents of the beta features window has not changed at all for me as a result of this update–terrain, animation editor, update window. (I have not yet opted in, but want to access the new changes to the Lua VM now that I know it’s a beta feature).

Also see:

Would appreciate clarification

1 Like

Enabling some of these beta features has caused my studio to not load at all. It wont open. If anyone has a solution let me know if possible! :slight_smile:

Well having beta features for everyone kind of ruins the point on having beta features since beta is meant to be for a certain amount of people not everyone. I wonder if everyone has access to those 200 player servers :thinking:.

2 Likes

I do believe that the “Beta Features” tab was there a long time ago. I like to use these features.

When I first read the title, I thought that we were now able to give players Beta access to our games. This is still great news, not as exciting but still good news nonetheless.

https://gyazo.com/2ae3c5383273d49929e661399b4d487e

Is the Studio tag supposed to signify a change being solely for Studio?

This has been addressed in a reply above. Yes, this change only applies to studio betas.

1 Like

No, I was asking if the Studio tag on an announcement means the change only changes Studio. Sorry, I accidentally put “Is the Studio tag supposed to signify the change being solely for Studio?” instead of “Is the Studio tag supposed to signify a change being solely for Studio?”

nice! sounds like a great way to get better tests results when you have all the developers letting you know what problems there are, could also move the beta testing features along faster. i have already played with the terrain tools beta test and its pretty cool, but it lags when switching threw tools.

1 Like

The “studio” tag is put on topics that are meant to show up in the “What’s new?” window inside Studio. (that’s how that window is implemented)

2 Likes

Nice that the entire population of Developers has access to what was once an invite-only feature. Props.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.