Studio bottom bar now takes up the whole screen, cannot use my original layout

The “beta” new studio layout is now mandatory. It is broken for this very reason and I opted out of it the entire time because it did not allow me to do my original layout.

Expected behavior

I was previously able to have my Properties go all the way to the bottom.

2 Likes

You should be able to just drag these around a bit and Properties will go over Output, correct me if I’m wrong.

1 Like

No you cannot. It is not possible.

This is the only option, and this requires resizing the bottom bar so the game/code editor is tiny.

Interesting. I was able to move them around yesterday, so I guess it happened overnight?

Yes this is the new “beta” which has clearly been FFlag’d on

This is annoying me right now as well. I usually have my properties tab taking up that entire section just like what you’re showing in your 2nd image. I really dislike it being so limited in size now because I have to scroll more often to make property changes, and I don’t want to move it elsewhere to be longer because then it’ll impede on the viewport space.

Edit: Nevermind, apparently I can fix it but in order to do so was initially confusing and preferably should’ve just left my layout like that.

Thanks for the report! We’ll follow up when we have an update for you.

Hi, I saw your post on the other thread, lets keep them contained to that one place so @MeshOfPaul can respond to comments there. For your specific case, there are two “south” bars, and you can dock output to the inner “south” frame, and resize the outer or inner “west” panel independently.

2 Likes

The positioning of panes was changed recently, but I was able to move my output back to the bottom, by dragging it to the bottom area of the viewport.

1 Like

This is not working for me. I tried for several minutes to do it. I’m also not on a Mac.

My old layout does not work either. I used to be able to have a 2 column spanning region for output.

1 Like

Here’s a video of how to make this layout with the new system. This would be the same with Mac or Windows…

Yeah this is a different issue than the OP and unfortunately you’re correct it’s not possible with the current rules. It’s been a common request so we’re going to see how we can support it.

This is better, it’s just not possible to move the command bar under the output. I’ll mark this as solved for now, but it would be very nice to have the command bar below the output and not extending left/right. Thank you.