Studio Bug with New Interface

Reproduction Steps

System Information:
Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 3700x 8-core
Memory: 32.0 GB
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Super

Beta Features: All enabled

Expected Behavior

It is expected that you are able to line up the main visual interface with the rest of the Studio application.

Actual Behavior

When the main visual pops out of the main UI, it won’t stay back in and behaves like a second screen/instance.

https://i.gyazo.com/f5d2a6bc6a086806f9db4593530a3381.mp4

Issue Area: Studio
Issue Type: Display
Impact: Very High
Frequency: Constantly
Date First Experienced: 2022-10-02 22:10:00 (-04:00)

6 Likes

Unsure if this relates to this bug but something else I have seen is where it will sometimes move widgets such as the main game screen thing outside of the studio tab but in different one. Just thought I would add this cuz it used to do something like this before.

2 Likes

Can you please do the following

• Ensure your NVIDIA drivers are up-to-date
  • Uninstall/reinstall studio
  • Remove all your plugins

If the issue still occurs, please answer the following questions:

• Does this occur on your first session of Roblox Studio? Or do you have several sessions open?
  • When you reinstalled, did you see this happen as soon as you opened Roblox Studio? Or only on the second time using studio after re-intstalling?
  • Did you end a session with a widget floating?
  • Is this a team create/non team create place?
  • Do you have any other applications which might be interacting with Roblox Studio? Ex. FPS unlocker, window management system etc.
2 Likes

Hi! We were able to reinstall studio which fixed the problem, but incase this happens again I’ve answered your questions:

Does this occur on your first session of Roblox Studio? Or do you have several sessions open?

This occurs on all new sessions, not old sessions that already had layouts

When you reinstalled, did you see this happen as soon as you opened Roblox Studio? Or only on the second time using studio after re-intstalling?

Did not occur after re-installing

Did you end a session with a widget floating?

No

Is this a team create/non team create place?

Non team create

Do you have any other applications which might be interacting with Roblox Studio? Ex. FPS unlocker, window management system etc.

No

Thank you for making a post on this. This is annoying me so much, and to make matters worse the game window is behind the studio tab so its not like i can work around it. I really hope a fix rolls out soon because i dont even want to open studio anymore this is so frustrating. I even disabled all beta features that semi relate, still no fix. I was going to make a post of my own on this but i cant make a post in this channel not sure why

1 Like

I’ve been experiencing the exact same issue with roblox studio, it has been slowing down my work and just frustrating me.

1 Like

Thanks for the report! Everything should be running properly now. Are you encountering any more difficulties?