Studio camera mouse input drifting

Reproduction Steps

Enable the new icon / DPI aware studio feature

1. Use a 4k monitor
  2. Open up empty baseplate file
  3. Start a play test and go into first person view
  4. Move camera left and right

Additionally (may or may not be related)
My windows scaling is set to 200% as shown below
Screenshot_5

Monitor specs
Name: ROG XG27UQR
Resolution: 3840 x 2160
Refresh rate: 144 Hz

Expected Behavior

The camera should move in the direction of the mouse without drifting

Actual Behavior

When moving the camera only left and right, the camera drifts in a downwards direction

When moving the camera only up and down, the camera drifts in a constant left or right direction

Workaround

Currently the only workaround is to disable the DPI aware feature because it doesn’t occur with the old studio DPI settings.

Issue Area: Studio
Issue Type: Other
Impact: High
Frequency: Constantly
Date First Experienced: 2022-11-17 11:11:00 (-08:00)

26 Likes

Same thing happens to me only when I have the DPI aware feature on. Alongside this issue rotating the camera left slowly becomes impossible for me as the camera drifts and snaps back towards the right immediately.

2 Likes

I am also having this problem with a 3440 x 1440 screen. I have set the Player.CameraMode option to LockFirstPerson and the problem is solved. However it is still annoying when you don’t wan’t to do a First Person game.

1 Like

I have the same thing, only not during the test, but in the studio itself.
I accidentally found that the problem disappears if you go into full screen mode.

And when you turn off the beta menu, the old one breaks…

roblox urgently need to fix everything

3 Likes

Can add this is happening to me when in just the general studio editing mode. This is me just moving the camera up & down, as can be seen with my mouse movements, yet the screen is moving left & right.

2 Likes

Thanks for the report! We’ll investigate!

6 Likes

This also happened to me. I tried re-installing studio, which did not help. The only fix I found was to undocking the edit mode tab, which is a pain when re-sizing other tabs

Happened to me as well
!!!

Any updates on the situation? Seems to have gotten way worse over the past couple updates.

1 Like

This is happening to me as well, 5120x2160 monitor, 125% scaling. When moving up/down the camera moves to the right. It only happens when holding right-click on some X positions.

In this video I move my mouse up/down holding right-click on different positions.

I have the same issue, HOWEVER I fixed mine by setting my windows scaling % to 100%. If I go back to my regular scaling of 110%, the bug starts happening again. This is either purely a scaling issue, or something with windows attempting to fix scaling for apps so they’re not blurry.

Grrr… Very very very annoying. I am also having the issue.
Windows 11
Dual monitors @ 3840x2160
Scaling at 150%

How does one disable DPI for a specific application? I really don’t want to change screen resolution or
scaling because of all the other tools it would impact!

1 Like

Hello, can we get an update on this please? This makes testing in Studio extremely frustrating and borderline unusable

1 Like

This fixed it perfectly, thank you.

However, I shouldn’t need to do this to get rid of a studio bug.

Any update on if this will be fixed anytime soon?

When will we have an update on this? Playtesting obstacle course-based games where camera movement is essential is borderline impossible in studio.

2 Likes

Just started experiencing this today in the studio world view. Very strange and annoying bug, I’d appreciate a staff update on this.

I am on a 4k display with scaling set to 150%

1 Like

It’s been about 3 months since we’ve had an update.
In that time, I’ve basically stopped developing for gameplay related to FPS mechanics because the issue is way too disruptive.

We started work on this last week, reproduced the issue, and the fix is going through testing right now. Assuming it tests out ok, it should be released in a couple days.

2 Likes

Thanks for the update, this is pleasant news to hear

1 Like

Despite Roblox staff already knowing about this issue and a fix is in the works, I’d like to share this:

Having a sound selected makes the panning bug MUCH MORE noticeable

1600x900, Windows scaling setting is 125%