Studio consistently crashing

Reproduction Steps
There doesn’t seem to be any method to invoke this. It just happens at random.

Expected Behavior
Studio should function as normal without this message coming up.

Actual Behavior
This message displays at random and prevents work from being done. Happens seemingly randomly.

I had two Studio instances open at once and they both crashed within 30 seconds of each other.
Have had a few other team members reporting this same issue.

Issue Area: Studio
Issue Type: Crashing
Impact: High
Frequency: Sometimes
Date First Experienced: 2021-08-12 00:08:00 (-07:00)
Date Last Experienced: 2021-08-12 16:08:00 (-07:00)

13 Likes

I’m having this issue too. This is the output I see whenever it happens:

WatcherThread Detected hang.
StartProcessException...

Is it the same for you?

The second time it happened, it just let me resume my work as normal, for some reason. I’m guessing whatever’s crashing isn’t that important.

1 Like

Yep that’s the same error I ran into the first time.

2 Likes

Can confirm, studio has consistently crashed every time I have opened it today, about 5 times so far.

5 Likes

Hi Chrythm, can you describe the steps to reproduce the issue? Is this related to a specific place?

3 Likes

I’ve encountered this crash as well. I believe I’ve found a way to reproduce the crash:

1. Start a team create session
  2. Have another person join the team create, and start doing stuff/moving around
  3. The message box should pop up, although studio does not hang
  4. Studio will not close without pressing the OK button on the message box - I can usually continue working
2 Likes

Would that happen to me becasue I go edit a script and the Studio Crashes?

3 Likes

Is the issue still reproducible?

2 Likes

Studio crashes each time I attempt to export a selection, told one of my friends and he also had the same issue with it.

Hi Will404, this is a different issue. Please make a new post. Thanks!

1 Like

Roblox is crashing for now reason every time i try to use studio or go in a game after today’s update. If it doesn’t crashes it becomes unplayable with the UIs being invisible and the graphics extremely buggy.

Studio keeps crashing every time I export a selection also. I reinstalled studio restarted it many times, but it still keeps crashing.

1 Like