Studio Crash - Drop down Menu

• Describe the bug. Describe what is happening when the bug occurs. Describe what you would normally expect to occur.

Roblox studio crashes (at random) when I use drop down menus in properties

• How often does the bug happen (Everytime/sometimes/rarely)? What are the steps that reproduce the bug? Please list them in very high detail. Provide simple example places that exhibit the bug and provide description of what you believe should be the behavior.

The bug happens frequently when I use a drop-down menu to choose materials or change mesh type in properties.

• Where does the bug happen (www, gametest, etc) Is it level-specific? Is it game specific? Please post a link to the place that exhibits the issue.

Any place I edit this bug is happens. I have re-installed studio and it still happens.

• Would a screenshot or video help describe it to someone? If so, post one.
Using Mouse to select

http://i.imgur.com/7OocR64.gifv

Using Arrow Keys to select

http://i.imgur.com/1mZ1Moa.gifv

• For graphics bugs, it is sometimes helpful to know your system specs, especially graphics card.

Windows 10, Nvidia GTX960M, IntelCore i7-6700, 64bit

• When did the bug start happening? If we can tie it to a specific release that helps us figure out what we broke.

Probably a week ago I noticed this started to happen. The toolbox use to crash me when selecting

• Anything else that you would want to know about the bug if it were your job to find and fix it.

Doesnt seem to be effecting my friends so something may be wrong with how my system is handling it?
Are there crash logs for ROBLOX Studio?

Happens to all the dropdown menus in properties. and doesnt seem to crash when I spam my arrowkeys in the toolbox dropdown but…

Does seem to happen when selecting the dropdown in toolbox

Edit I did a CLEAN reinstall, meaning I uninstalled roblox, deleted all files within appdata local, and deleted Roblox, ROBLOX Corportion, RobloxReg keys from Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software
Restarted PC aswell.

Still happens.

8 Likes

I have a similar thing. When I open a dropdown and select a value, I can scroll over the dropdown to go through the values, nothing special. But for every time the value changes, studio lags a bit more and more. When I’m going through fonts to see which one fits best, after checking all fonts, studio is quite slow. If I then go backwards, every scroll takes a second and finally results in studio almost freezing to death.

2 Likes

Can confirm I think this is whats happening to me. Lags each time I select a material and then gets worse the further along.

This issue is happening to me, I find that resizing also really lags my studio for some reason but I’m not sure that is part of this issue

Still a big issue. Happens to me still.

We released a fix for this issue, can you update to the most recent Studio and try again?

http://i.imgur.com/kbanKZh.gifv

I havent touched studio in a week. And It just updated. (Still Crash-able)

I didn’t see studio updating, but I now have a “account dropdown” in the very top right of studio that I never noticed before, and studio started off with all widgets (Explorer, Output, …) hidden until I opened a place, both which I’ve never seen before, so I assume studio updated (currently have version week 300, which is the one that got released today/yesterday)

I can scroll through these dropdowns as much as I want now and it doesn’t seem to slow down, so seems fixed.

I don’t mean to bump this but It has grown to a state I cannot stand. Developing is impossible. I have to re-open ROBLOX studio every minute. It does it constantly and I haven’t been able to develop

I tried right clicking on the texture.

2017-09-22_16-35-14

[Edit] nevermind I was wrong about those crash logs…