Studio crashes as soon as published places are opened

Windows 8.1

• Describe the bug. Describe what is happening when the bug occurs. Describe what you would normally expect to occur.

When i try to open any place that had been published, either to my user or to any group, it will immediately crash when studio opens. This does not affect local place files

• How often does the bug happen (Everytime/sometimes/rarely)? What are the steps that reproduce the bug? Please list them in very high detail. Provide simple example places that exhibit the bug and provide description of what you believe should be the behavior.

Every single time i try to open a published place

• Where does the bug happen (www, gametest, etc) Is it level-specific? Is it game specific? Please post a link to the place that exhibits the issue.

In roblox studio, with any published place

• When did the bug start happening? If we can tie it to a specific release that helps us figure out what we broke.

Today, but it might have started a few days ago as i didn’t use studio that much.

• Anything else that you would want to know about the bug if it were your job to find and fix it.

Here are the log files just in case

log_50345_1.txt (1.8 KB)

Btw yes i have both uninstalled and reinstalled studio, and rebooted my computer as well.

1 Like

Could you try deleting all files and folders in %LOCALAPPDATA%/Roblox/Logs and report back if that helps? It looks like Studio is crashing while reporting that is has crashed.

The files in %LOCALAPPDATA%/Roblox/Logs are not deleted when you reinstall Studio.

1 Like

Unfortunately the outcomes were the same - Studio crashing on opening of published places.

Log file:

log_E11D6_1.txt (1.8 KB)

We can unfortunately not reproduce it on our end. I have a few more questions:

1. Does it happen with every published place?
  2. Does it happen if you publish a brand new empty place and then try to open it?
  3. Are you opening the published place from the website or the Studio start page?
1 Like

Yes

Yes, and i couldn’t even open the new place files such as empty basepate, etc, etc so i had to rely on already created files for this

Both, numerous times

That sounds frustrating. Thanks for answering my questions and being patient.

I assume your account isn’t banned? You don’t see any messages about being banned when you log into the website? We’ve had some issues with Studio not handling banned accounts correctly.

Could you upload a few more of your most recent log files? The attached log file doesn’t actually show you attempting to open a place, it only shows that Studio detected that the previous run had a crash.

1 Like

One of our teams just turned off an internal debugging feature that I suspect was causing the issue you were seeing. Are you still seeing the issue?

3 Likes

Yes, that fixed it!

Thank yall so much!

You’re welcome, and thank you for reporting the issue :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.