Studio crashes on window refocus

When it started: ~1 month ago

Description: Sometimes after refocusing the window after alt + tabbing, (or possibly also unfocusing in other ways) studio will become unresponsive. However, it’s not unresponsive in the sense that the window crashes. The program still sinks input, but hovering over any buttons doesn’t work, and the entire rendering of the program appears to be frozen. Clicking the close button also does not work, no matter how many times you do it. In order to close studio in this state, it must be closed via End Process with the task manager.

Additional info: This happens in places that are on local files, as well as places published to roblox. In addition it happens in places that I use the script editor in, and places that I do not.

It also happens in places where I never run the place in any way/press play.

Sometimes the program will work for a couple seconds on refocus before it freezes up.

This happens to me 4-5 times a day, and the only consistent thing I have noticed is that it happens after the window is refocused.

System specs:

Processor: Intel(R) Core i7-9750H CPU @ 2.60 GHz 2.59 GHz

RAM: 16.0 GB

Windows 10 Home
Version 1909
OS build 18363.900

3 Likes

possibly related: a really similar crash just happened to me when pressing play, here is a vid and the log file:
log_E0BF9_1.txt (198.6 KB)

I am in the process of checking over bug reports and following up on some bugs that haven’t received any activity in a while.
Is this issue still occurring or can you confirm that this bug has been resolved?

1 Like

The engineers are asking for crash logs. If you dont know how to pull the crash logs go here How to post a Bug Report - #11 by Roblox

This issue should now be resolved due to lack of traffic and responses on this thread! If this issue is still occurring, please create a new topic for us to look into.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 3 days. New replies are no longer allowed.