Studio crashes out when play testing, all it states is "an unexpected error has occurred and roblox needs to quit"

Screenshot of the game when testing

Its only the game place, not the initial place it opens in the universe.
All i do is load up the place in studio, select the place in the universe, load that up, then test run the game. It lags for a few seconds then crashes studio.
I took a break from development for certification tests, and when i came back to work on the game, studio started doing this.

Here is the place that its crashing on

Please help! i dont want all the effort on this game to be in vein!

4 Likes

i fixed the screenshot, i forgot i copied another screenshot that was irrelevant xD

I’m experiencing the same issue. It happened with the newest update it seems.

Hey @rater193, you mentioned Its only the game place, not the initial place it opens in the universe. . But also you mentioned Here is the place that its crashing on. It looks like the place id you provide is 4865732331. Is this the place that was crashing?

I’m experiencing the issue whenever I press play within studio on any place, I have tried it even with a brand new place.

1 Like

please try again, i hope it is fixed

2 Likes

I’ve also started getting crashes when changing the Studio theme, compared to never crashing before. Not 100% of the time, but still quite often. Perhaps something broke in a recent update.

@rater193 @RomanEmpireThe1st @ClockworkSquirrel Can you guys still reproduce it?

Well I’ve just spammed the up and down keys with the theme option selected and it worked fine. No crashes; but then it was seemingly random beforehand.

It is now working. Sorry for the late reply.

1 Like

its working for me too, sorry for replying a few days late, ive been a little busy, but now i can get back to work on the game again!

1 Like

Do not bump old resolved bug reports with new issues. Your crashes are likely unrelated.