Studio crashes upon uploading model to the site

Hello devs and devs, i have been experiencing this issue for weeks with studio where uploading a model crashes my studio instantly.

usually happens with “big” models i assume, here’s video proof

I really want to upload this model so i can use it in a game tomorrow by using the :insert command on kohl’s. here’s my pc specs:

Intel(R) Core™ i5-2400 CPU @ 3.10GHz 3.10 GHz
6,00 GB
64 Bits
Processer based on x64
Windows 10 Pro

7 Likes

Alot of people have been experiencing this issue, and I found a few solutions to this, I only tested one specifically, which is the first that I’m about to tell you.

1st Solution:

1. Right click your model in the explorer window
2. Press Convert To Package
3. Ignore any errors that happens when converting to a package, it may fail or freeze for a second, if that happens it worked.
4. Save the model after converting it to a package regardless of if it fails or not.

The link below is the person who posted this if you don’t understand how I explained it.

The 2nd solution is as easy as Saving To Roblox THEN uploading the model. Might not work, but worth a try.

2 Likes

Thanks, ill try this and let you know if this was a good solution.

Having this problem at the moment, I lost about 4 hours of progress. Is roblox going to fix this?

This has been fixed it seems. gladly, now we can upload big models.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.