Studio Crashes When Opening The Object Browser and What's New Menus While Editing Place

Unfortunately, studio updated for me (I assume back from the reverted version), and now I am not able to open studio at all (white screen error, as I experienced before.)

I made sure drivers are fully updated, and am still experiencing issues. If anyone knows a more permanent fix, Iā€™d appreciate it.

Currently dealing with the same problem.

I recommended Vulcan because there is seemingly no difference compared to Direct3D11; mainly visually. Made sure to edit in why :+1:

If you are using Direct3D11 as a graphics mode, try changing it to something else that is compatible. I recommend Vulcan since it has little to no difference from Direct3D11 visually.

Graphics mode is a studio setting, correct? For me, studio isnā€™t opening at all (freezes immediately when I try to open even the ā€œplace navigationā€ menu), so I cannot change it. :grimacing:

May be a different bug than on this thread, but I assume it is related, as it arrived at relatively the same time. There are no current workarounds that I have managed to find.

Thank you. I may have had to tweak your steps slightly, but it is working for the time being.

Edit: Studio still broken. See below. :pensive:

At this point, Iā€™m experiencing the studio freezing error, with Graphics mode set to Vulkan.

Edit:

Nevermind. Studio is just as broken as before.

I highly suggest reporting this issue using another bug report as this seems to be a different issue that may be related to something different if the workaround isnā€™t working for you.
You can send one here: New Bug Report

1 Like

Unfortunately, I have not been granted the ability to access the Studio Bugs category. As such, I am forced to report on here, as I believe the bugs are related. :pensive:

Please DM me directly about this issue with a video of what occurs. Thanks!

1 Like

Experiencing this (or a related) crash, crashes any time I try to open the insert object menu, also seems to crash when opening studio by clicking the shortcut, The ā€˜whats newā€™ pop-up shows up and instantly crashes studio. Iā€™ve tried reinstalling studio, the fixes that seemed to work for people prior such as changing to vulkan didnā€™t fix anything, with any option for rendering the crash just happens instantly, unlike with OP it doesnā€™t freeze but rather just closes the application instantly.
Figured Iā€™d just add some information
CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X
GPU: RX 5700 XT
GPU Drivers: 22.20.19.15-220922a1-383925E-AMD-Software-Adrenalin-Edition
Two monitors
Roblox Studio Version 0.546.0.5460523 (64bit)

1 Like

I fixed my issue by Reinstalling Windows 11, Before i had this issue, but when i Reinstalled it, i had no issues after that.

CPU: Intel(R) Coreā„¢ i5-10300H CPU @ 2.50GHz
GPU Nvidia GeForce GTX 1650 Ti
On a Laptop

Edit:
This may not work on everybody though, Its a bit unusual to do but I was having issues on the OS so i tried Uninstalling it, and Reinstalling it

@hunterk1241 Changing the Graphics to Vulkan isnā€™t a very good idea as it can cause performance issues while testing that are not usually there on other graphics, it may just be me but Vulkan isnā€™t very good as I have no issues on any other Graphics but Vulkan.

1 Like

With me, Vulkan was the best and worked just as good as Direct3D11; however it runs differently for different devices

I usually keep my Graphics on Automatic or Direct3D11, after reinstalling Windows 11, they work fine now

1 Like

Got my issue fixed by deleting every single roblox file I could find off of my computer and wiping any roblox related keys from regedit I could find.

1 Like

It appears that the crash is back, will probably try deleting files later again.

1 Like

Did you ever fix this issue, this issue has come back and has been destroying alot of progress since the past week, and has only gotten worse over time. (Now I canā€™t insert any objects!)

1 Like

As of todayā€™s Studio update this is now happening to me.
As mentioned above, switching graphics mode to Vulkan fixed it.

3 Likes

This is happening again for me as well, and slowing down development!

Switching to Vulkan seems to have resolved.

2 Likes

Direct3D11 is broken again. Open this issue back up again

1 Like