Studio Crashes When Opening The Object Browser and What's New Menus While Editing Place

This is happening again for me as well, and slowing down development!

Switching to Vulkan seems to have resolved.

2 Likes

Direct3D11 is broken again. Open this issue back up again

1 Like

I am also experiencing this issue.

1 Like

This is happening to me aswell, right after the most recent update…
Edit: Another update popped up, now it’s fixed for me.

1 Like

Vouch, this issue is AGAIN crashing me, and switching my render method from Direct3D11 to OpenGL or Vulkan, fixes the issue for me.

What is even causing this issue? Why does this keep happening?

2 Likes

Seems to be something to do with something they changed with Direct3D11

The Crash is happening for me again, this time when i change Rendering, or Reinstall stuff, the issue remains.

2 Likes

The issue is happening for me as well. I just want to make game :frowning:

1 Like

I was having the same issue, reinstalling and changing the rendering mode to Vulkan didn’t work. So I started trying out other rendering modes and “Metal” has allowed me to work as normal so far. This might be a good temporary fix.

Strange, none of the others worked for me

@PoshKiwi

Experiencing the same issues on version 0.550.0.5500640 (64bit) with a Taurus Windows 10 PC. CTRL-I, pressing the plus button and right click->insert object does not work.

Tried switching to different rendering modes, both Vulkan and Metal have the same issue. Tried reinstalling the program and deleting all related files, issue did not get removed. Will be grateful if you can move me to a different build as this hampers all development.

User info.
bild

Studio info.
bild

EDIT: Using OpenGL render method is a temporary fix.

2 Likes

This bug is happening to me as well. Changing the render settings to OpenGL worked for me.

Bug has stopped from happening for me.

This bug has begun happening for me. After the update, roblox studio refused to open (being stuck on the white wait screen).

What studio looked like when trying to open

Studio graphics mode was already set to Vulkan.

OpenGL as a graphics setting appears to have resolved the issue for me.

If you are experiencing issues, I would first suggest changing the graphics setting to OpenGL. If that doesn’t work, disabling any beta features would be the next step.

When studio opened (after uninstalling & reinstalling), I immediately changed graphics setting to OpenGL. I then disabled all beta features (I didn’t change 1 variable at a time. Since studio wasn’t working, I opted to play all my cards while I had the chance). Studio now appears to be opening correctly.

EDIT :

Studio broken, once again. Nothing changed; no updates, etc. Went to open studio, to no avail.

With me, it worked with Vulkan without any issues. It seems to be different between devices. Both OpenGL and Vulkan works for me

1 Like

Can confirm this issue.

Yes, graphics mode has been changed to both Vulkan and OpenGL, to no effect. Drivers & everything completely updated. My device is new (roughly a year old). No reason it shouldn’t be working properly. If anyone has any fixes, would love to hear them.

1 Like

I can confirm this as well. Studio stopped working after the update, can’t even open it. Uninstalling & reinstalling fixes it briefly, but tweaking graphics settings doesn’t seem to do anything.

1 Like

I am trying to get Roblox to acknowledge D3D11 is broken. Here is proof in the video. If you use anything to show you GPU information and rendering, you can see this data. I use MSI Afterburner and when I have D3D11 set to render, Roblox will attempt to use D3D10 but fail and use OGL instead. This behavior only occurred after the Refresh Update. This needs to be a bug report and could also be part of the issue or underlying for why we are experiencing freezing/crashes suddenly when they weren’t there before.

3 Likes

Thanks so much for figuring this out. That most likely is the issue that is occurring as OGL might be incompatible with loading the menus, which causes the crashes when opening them.

1 Like