Studio Crashes When Opening The Object Browser and What's New Menus While Editing Place

That is not the issue I am dealing this. The issue is that Roblox Studio crashes when opening the object menu and not that Roblox Studio is unable to open due to an invalid .dll file. I already have that .dll file properly in Roblox.
Read above for more information in my original post.
I mentioned you above for the .dll fix along with your post.

1 Like

I have uploaded a video to be able to share here what the issue is. I have also added this to the main post.

2 Likes

I am also getting the same issue. I don’t know what to do and this throws me completely off schedule. Whenever I do anything in this new version of studio, it basically crashes.

3 Likes

I had this issue yesterday, but this morning studio seems to work just fine. I’d try restarting your computer or reinstalling studio. I’m not sure what fixed it for me, but best of luck to you.

3 Likes

I can say that you are lucky that your Studio is working fine as mine still has all the issues that I have shown off, even after restarting and reinstalling

3 Likes

Update on this issue.
This is affecting a certain subset of our windows users. We are trying to figure out what the exact criteria is, as none of our in house engineers or QA testers experienced this. So if you experience this bug if you could tell us
Do you have multiple monitors?
what graphics card are you using?
what windows version are you using??
what brand is your laptop?
We will attempt to do an emergency release on Monday to fix this issue. In the meantime I believe I have moved most affected users in this thread to a version of the channel which should not have this issue. Change should take affect if you see an update button and click that or, open from website

9 Likes

Thank you so much for setting me to a stable build for the current moment. I did assume that your QA testers weren’t able to pick up this issue. I’ll answer everything you asked in hopes that this is helpful.

Yes, I have 2 monitors. One is a TV and one is my laptop screen.

What graphics card are you using?

I use both Intel(R) UHD Graphics 630 and NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti graphics cards. Roblox primarily utilizes the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti.

What windows version are you using?

I am using Windows 11 (64-bit). Specifically version KB5016594.

What brand is your laptop?

The brand is ASUS. I am using a ROG Strix G531GU_GL531GU to be specific.

2 Likes

I’ve also suddenly got this bug this hour as well (it worked fine a few hours ago. Restarting and reinstalling did nothing to help)

Here’s my details for my computer:

• I use 1 monitor.

• I have a Intel(R) UHD Graphics and NVIDIA GeForce MX550 graphics cards.

• My operating system is Windows 11 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 22000)

• Brand of computer (all in one monitor PC) is LENOVO, system model is F0GH0005ST

Please tell me if I missed any more information.

2 Likes

No, I only have my laptop screen

My laptop has Intel Iris Xe Graphics from the Intel Core i7-12700H processor and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3050 Ti (Laptop)

What windows version are you using??

Edition Windows 11 Home
Version 21H2
Installed on ‎14/‎07/‎2022
OS build 22000.856
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22000.856.0

MSI. The full model number is MSI Katana GF76-12UD.

Also, I have not been moved onto the stable build after launching studio from the website, nor do I see any update button. Can you double-check to see if you moved me onto the stable build? Thanks :slight_smile:

And as Mad_Scientist99 stated above, I am willing to provide any other necessary info to get this fixed.

Edit: I have been moved onto a stable version now. Cheers! I hope this gets fixed for everyone else soon.

4 Likes

I also have this same issue, studio would freeze and a dialog would pop up to close the program. The temporary solution I have that may or may not work for others is to save to Roblox first. Let us know if this helps or not.

3 Likes

I am also experiencing the same issue.

3 Likes

I am experiencing the same/similar issue(s). For me, trying to close roblox (via alt+F4 or the X button) will cause it to freeze and not respond. Roblox studio will appear half-closed during this time, with the viewport blanked out and some of the side-tabs also blank or closed. The same freezing bug also occurs after you publish a game and you get the successful published window-thingy. From my experience, these bugs happen only when a game is currently being edited, but I haven’t tested anything pre-editing. Roblox studio occupies not a lot of memory during the frozen phase, but it still has cpu usage (if this is relevant whatsoever)

EDIT:
One important thing to note is:
I had 2 scripts open (In a team create session, all beta features enabled)
I closed one script, I didn’t crash or anything, which was good.
I closed the other (Or I might’ve miss-clicked and pressed NEAR the X button) and then roblox studio froze-- and then my computer blue-screened.

Edit 2:
With the freezing, it can be waited out be this takes more than an hour.

2 Likes

Dealing with the exact same stuff, so infuriating, has put a serious project of mine on hold for the entire weekend. Has anyone gotten any solution to this yet?

2 Likes

Unable to open the Insert Object menu or object browser, it immediately crashes studio. I will not be able to work without this being fixed, please let me know of any known solutions.

4 Likes

Also dealing with these crash issues, instantly crashes after opening the insert object menu and clicking the whats new bell. whats worse is I have to reinstall studio afterwards because when i try to open studio it just displays a blank white screen.

edit: here are my answers to the questions:

I have 2 monitors.
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 graphics card

Edition Windows 11 Home
Version 21H2
Installed on ‎3/‎04/‎2022
OS build 22000.613
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22000.613.0

Alienware m15 r6

Only one monitor. On a laptop

Both a Intel(R) UHD Graphics 630 and NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti.

Windows 10 Home (64-bit). 10.0.19044

Acer Predator Helios 300 ph315-52

Hope that’s helpful. Thanks for moving me to a stable version. Good luck on fixing it

1 Like

I am also experiencing this issue.

1 Like

This crash also occurs whenever I save a script. Right now, I’m unable to script anything in studio because of this bug.

2 Likes

Im still having the issue, can I have help on how to get into this emergency release?

1 Like

Did any of y’all get errors like this while trying to open a roblox place file? My friend sent me a game he wanted me to edit some scripts on and every time I try to open the file it gives me this error. I only got the error after updating to this new version of studio with the weird icons in the explorer window.

2 Likes