I got the “patch” today on my main, and it now crashes again. However, I can thankfully use the Roblox player now. I’d rather wait until a patch is done so I can still play Roblox.
I have tried everything on the new version that normally would crash and there is absolutely no difference. Something definitely is incompatible with this version as the object menu does open but crashes when it tries to load.
Solutions I tried:
- I’ve made sure that I am on the most recent version of Windows 11.
- I updated my graphics card drivers.
- I did a clean install Roblox Studio.
- I’ve replaced .dll files to ensure that they were the most recent versions or to ensure that they weren’t corrupted.
- I have made sure to have all of my plugins disabled when testing. None of them were causing the crash.
Nothing seems to be working, no matter what I tried. Roblox Studio would only crash on the version with the new icons, as I tested when I was brought back to a stable version (which, I don’t want to do again since I couldn’t use the Roblox player).
Things I noted during the crashes:
- All crashes don’t have the “
An unexpected error occurred and Roblox needs to quit. We're sorry!” pop-up.
- Roblox Studio doesn’t have any issues with CPU, GPU, or Memory according to task manager.
- A white box shows up when opening the InsertObject menu from the context menu or the + button.
- The ribbon menu object browser opens up, but can’t load at all and immediately crashes.
- The What’s New menu doesn’t even have a chance to load at all, but works perfectly fine in the start menu.
- All these issues have started happening with the new icons update. It has never had any issues in the past.
I have been testing if any other methods are a problem and ensuring that everything can be worked through.