Studio crashes when you press Stop while viewing APS - Server

While running Accurate Play Solo (APS), pressing Stop while viewing the server contents will crash studio ONLY if you pressed F6 to start it in another window.

Note: Pressing F5 to start it in your current window does not crash with the same methodology.

This is a 100% reproducible bug. Latest Windows 10 update and studio build. Here are the steps:

1. Open up a baseplate place in studio
  2. Make sure APS is enabled
  3. Run the place via F6 to load your place up in another window
  4. After the place loads, toggle over to view the server
  5. Press Stop (not the windows close button), you should crash at this point.

I do not know when the bug started happening.

1 Like

I have been able to reproduce this bug on Windows 8.1 in the latest version of ROBLOX studio. You should probably add ROBLOXCRITICAL to this post, because it fits into the criteria of “reproducible crash”.

Although, I did notice that the only window it did crash was the play solo window, not the actual studio window, which could just be happening for me.

1 Like

Noted, I made the change to the title, seeing as it does fall under ROBLOXCRITICAL :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have sent this to the appropriate engineer. This is not ROBLOXCRITICAL. Please remove the tag.

Thanks.

1 Like

Reproducible on latest Studio build on MacOS High Sierra version 10.13.6 (17G65).

It freezes the test window and I must “Force Quit” it. No effect on native window, so loss of work should not be an issue.

It’s been removed.

I was questioning it too because it’s not really a workflow block. I would suggest clarifying this further in the How to Post a Bug Report thread so this silly mistake can be further avoided. :slight_smile: