Studio crashes whenever autosaving

Recently myself and other members of our dev team have been experiencing frequent crashes on Roblox studio team create which occur every time the game auto saves as well as at random intervals.

This severely damages our ability to develop games as we cannot work for more than a few minutes without it crashing.

We attempted to fix this issue by disabling all plugins but it has not seemed to work.

This seems to only occur in team create as it does not crash on a local copy.

I also get this error as well when attempting to reconnect:

We’ve also noticed when moving a specific asset, it crashes studio completely; we’ve come to the conclusion that it was most likely caused by the unions.

Link to the logs:
https://devforum.roblox.com/t/studio-crashes-whenever-autosaving/2034958

Thanks,
Starnamics

4 Likes

We’ve filled a ticket into our internal database for this issue, and we will update you when we have further information.

Thanks for the report!

5 Likes

it also happens to me (sometimes), does the game has many meshes or triangles?

3 Likes

Also happening to me and my development team, we raised our auto saves to every 35 minutes but it still randomly crash with the same error after the auto saves. If one of us autosaves, all of us crash.

6 Likes

This appears to happen on places with Unions and MeshParts.

Autosaving is not really necessary in team create unless you want to auto save scripts. You might as well disable the feature and save your scripts regularly.

3 Likes

I can reproduce this a lot, basically every time I use RS.

2 Likes

Yeah our team has consistently been running into issues when moving unions around, but it happens infrequently and only on specific unions which I find a bit strange.

1 Like

Is it happening to specific people? Sometimes the graphics card and specifically G-Sync can cause issues with just about anything. You should also make sure your team is using the most updated version of studio.

2 Likes

I believe it’s happening to everyone in the team, but only ~4 people have crashed from moving unions alone (tends to crash everyone else in team create when someone triggers it)

I do have issues with large triangle counts but it usually never crashes when I move a union, just when I resized one with the non-uniform union beta enabled. The issue for me stopped after an update to the beta.

I’ve never encountered a crash with unions up until now, even with the non-uniform unions beta enabled.

hey @Starnamics! Sorry for the late reply.

Are you still seeing this issue? If so, would you be willing to share a place file with me that repros, so that I can try and reproduce for myself?

1 Like