Studio Crashing on every open

I have a problem where whenever I open studio directly from the application or from the develop page, it crashes on me after attempting to load and this didn’t happen before I updated my macOS, so I assume it has something to do with that. I’m just wondering, is there any way to fix it? I’m on macOS 10.13.4 Beta

2 Likes

have you tried reinstalling it yet or no?

I’ve had a similar experience, I could never find a solution so had to completely reset my PC.

Here are a few suggestions that you could try (if you haven’t already) –

• Uninstalling Roblox then reinstalling
  • Restart Computer (if you haven’t already)
  • Try from another account
  • Try from another browser
  • Check for any viruses that may be on your computer (scanning with a virus protector or manually)

Can you get your log files from a session that crashed? On Mac they should be in ~[Username]/Library/Logs/Roblox.

There’s no folder for logs but I do have the crash report

I’ve tried everything!

I have tried

I’ve had this problem before, the only way I fixed it was by waiting for a week then it fixed itself. :sweat_smile:

A KERNINVALIDADDRESS typically indicates corruption of system software. It normally is a file or group of files that are written to hundreds of times a day such as your preference files. Since your experiencing the issue with more than one application I would try the following. Go to your preference folder (located in USERS/PERSONAL FOLDER (This folder will be the same name as your user name)/LIBRARY/PREFERENCES. When you get to the preference folder copy the entire folder to your desktop. Now delete the contents of the preference folder (Leaving the copy you made to the desktop as a backup). Restart your machine. You will notice that a large portion of the pref files have been recreated. Now start the apps that were crashing.
If the problem is gone you have corrupted preference files. If not then the corruption is elsewhere in your system.
Make sure you go to the correct preference folder. There is more than one. If you are confused on what I mean by the term PERSONAL FOLDER here is an example. My user name on my Mac is Robert Price. So my preference files is located at USERS/ROBERT PRICE/LIBRARY/PREFERENCES.

Source: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/1100811

I’m more of a windows expert so I cant help you too much, but this seems pretty relevant to the error.

I tried clearing my preferences folder like the forum post said to but nothing changed. Not sure what to do :confused: