Studio Crashing on joining specific Team Create

Indefinite loading on both team create and non-team create places. I’m using both M1 MacBook Pro and a Windows 11 Computer with AMD Ryzen 5800x but no luck.

1 Like

problem should be resolved now, we’ve rolled back suspicious functionality

7 Likes

This has fixed my issues, thanks! :+1:

Hi, are folks who reported an issue here still experiencing an issue?

We did resolve one issue last night, trying to confirm if it is the same issue that folks on this thread are reporting.

1 Like

My issue has also been resolved. I can now edit games both with and without team create.

1 Like

I am still unable to join my specific team create, but some other errors (such as Studio starting in “offline” mode) have been fixed.

To clarify, I still cannot join [Dev]: The Wild West - Roblox without crashing upon entering.

Update: I was able to enter my team create, but still getting some error popups such “failed to connect to remote servers”.

@DeniedTriangles

we did analysis on this case, your particular crash is due to out of memory exception, this place seams to be big…
how much memory do you have on your machine?
did you change any system settings on swap disk?

1 Like

I have 32GB ram and my Swap Disk & System Settings should be default. I have made no changes to my system between the time-frame when this issue started occurring.

Update on this issue, I sometimes still cannot join my team create place, but deleting the entire Version folder under C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Roblox\Versions fixes the problem temporarily. Once the problem returns it won’t let me join at all until I delete the version folder and reinstall Studio.

from what I can see… this is happening because you have 32bit version of Studio and 32bit applications have limit of 4Gb - this is why this particular place is crashing for you specifically

please confirm - run Studio, go to File → About and verify number, current version is 0.506.2.5060610 (64bit), you most likely won’t have this 64bit extension
also please confirm your OS - your machine should support 64-bit OS, what OS version do you have installed - 64bit or 32bit?

1 Like

It seems that after you delete the whole Studio folder it installs the correct 64bit version and you can work… however all crashes point that 32bit version is running, next time you face this problem, could you check the version again and verify

6 posts were split to a new topic: Off-topic posts on “Studio Crashing on joining specific Team Create”

Do not hijack bug reports. If you have a new/unrelated issue, file a new bug report.

Not every Studio connectivity issue should go on the same bug report.

Hey everyone,
Sorry for reopening this thread but I’m having essentially an identical issue. Upon reaching loading attempt #1 for a specific team create game, studio crashes with the usual “Roblox encountered an unexpected error and needs to quit - We’re sorry!” message. My other places and experiences load just fine as well. The place is rather large and it seems to be a memory issue, as observation of the task manager window shows the crash happening near 4gb of memory usage. However, I verified the correct installation of the 64 bit version, and upon loading a recent backup of the place from local files it handles load perfectly fine, using about 6-8 GB of memory.
My computer has 16gb of installed memory with about 11-14gb of available memory in a resting state. I am up-to-date on windows 11 versions with the 64 bit version installed.
So far I have tried multiple clean re-installs of Studio and Roblox as a whole, disabling antivirus and whitelisting the application, switching wifi networks, and opening the place both from the web and inside studio, disabling all plugins, then deleting all plugins via the manage plugins window. The issue has been persisting for several days and the crash occurs 100% of the time.
I’ll add the other system specs here in case it helps:
Microsoft Windows 11 Home
10.0.22000 Build 22000
Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 Ti
Intel(R) Core i7-9750H CPU @ 2.60GHz, 2592 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s)
At this point I’m not sure what to do as the crash message doesn’t give me any indication of where the problem lies. I’ve made a clean copy of the logs per the instructions on retrieving client logs if anyone needs them to help find the issue.

P.S. This is my first actual devforum post/reply as I finally got levelled up to “member” so I apologize if anything I’ve done in posting this is out of line. I can’t make a new bug report and this issue seems to be in line with the post so I figured it was okay. Thanks in advance to anyone who can help.

1 Like

It seems like its fixed now, are you still having the issue?

As of today I was finally able to access the TC session as normal, it seems that whatever was updated upon launch fixed the issue. Thanks to any staff members who were able to help get us back online!

1 Like