Studio Crashing on joining specific Team Create

Reproduction Steps
My studio continually crashes when trying to edit: [Dev]: The Wild West - Roblox regardless if launching from website or from in-app. This bug is only happening to me, not any of my other co-workers. This bug is preventing me from working entirely, as I need access to my game’s team create in order to create new features and deploy them.

I can join any other team create fine, just not the one for my team.

System Info:
Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
10.0.19041 Build 19041
GTX 1070 graphics card
AMD Ryzen 5 2600X Six-Core Processor, 3600 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s)

Expected Behavior

• Click edit
  • Load into Studio Team Create

Actual Behavior

• Click edit
  • Waits about a minute
  • Studio gets past the loading team create prompt, then freezes
  • Studio crashes, will not open the team create

Studio likes to give me basically every error message under the sun randomly despite me doing the exact same thing over and over again.

Issue Area: Studio
Issue Type: Crashing
Impact: High
Frequency: Constantly
Date First Experienced: 2021-11-26 15:11:00 (-08:00)
Date Last Experienced: 2021-11-27 00:11:00 (-08:00)
A private message is associated with this bug report

16 Likes

I have a good feeling this is directly related to the disruption noted on https://status.roblox.com/.

Hello. Thank the gods I’m not the only one. I can’t edit my paces either too

Hi @DeniedTriangles sorry to hear about your issue. Could you provide logs for us immediately after experiencing a crash? https://en.help.roblox.com/hc/en-us/articles/360016022492-How-to-Retrieve-Client-Logs (you can DM them to me or to another admin)

Is this happening 100% of the time? Does this also happen when you open the place up directly from studio (as opposed to via “edit” on the website)

I provided logs in a private message associated with this bug report through the automated bug report filing system.

This is happening 100% of the time and I have tried both methods (“edit” via website and directly opening it from Studio).

Another important note: A co-worker of mine is on my same home network (public IP) and they are able to access the Team Create whereas I cannot.

1 Like

Thanks for the logs. Sorry I missed the ones that got shared via the automated bug filing system.

My team will look into this issue. Given the holiday schedule, this is unlikely to be resolved soon. Assuming you haven’t tried already, I would also suggest doing a clean re-install of RobloxStudio.

1 Like

I’m having the same issue. I tried doing a clean re-install and it did not solve the problem :sob: Test Place - Roblox

1 Like

I have the same issue with this game 🔨Plane Crazy🔨 - Roblox

2 Likes

This is happening outside of Team Create as well for me.

Can confirm this, but instead of crashing, it have the lollipop of death, and stays there forever. When right clicking on Studio on the dock, it shows as Not Responding.

(macOS Monterey 12.0.1)

same lollipop of death here, i tried opening a few projects, same thing happening to all of them

I’m on Windows 10 and I’m unable to open certain local files and Team Creates without freezing. I don’t crash and nothing in the logs indicate a crash, just an indefinite window hang.

2 Likes

Yeah, also happening to me, as well as when trying to open older versions of Team Create / group places. This has only become an issue to me 20 minutes ago, though I didn’t need to open older versions back then. I’ve also noticed that places fail to publish correctly (or publish with like a 2 minute delay), which isn’t normal from previous experiences.

I’m on Windows 10.

2 Likes

The Not Responding bug is also happening to me. I’ve attempted to log into 3 games in Studio: one without team create, two with it. In each instance, the game partially loads, then Roblox Studio stops responding indefinitely. In one game with team create enabled, a teammate confirmed that they were able to see me in Studio before and during the crash.

I have tried normally reinstalling and clean installing both Roblox and Roblox Studio, but the issue persists. I am also on Windows 10.

4 Likes

Happening to me as well. Studio will load sometimes and then when you try to do any edits, it freezes again. These edits include applying edits to scripts, creating new lines on scripts, deleting areas on scripts and more. This also happens on ALL of my devices making development practically impossible.

• Using Team Create.
  • On Windows 11.
  • Have reinstalled Roblox & Roblox Studio.
  • Began around 1 hour ago.

This does not happen on non-published games for me.

Any workarounds for this yet? I’m locked out of several projects!

Adding my voice to this, this is happening for me for all our Murder Party places, though smaller games seem to load OK. As we’re trying to finish our Holidays update, this is pretty bad timing and I’d like a workaround or solution :slight_smile:

This started happening to me today. I had no problem with joining a teamcreate until today. Whenever I join one, it never finishes loading, it just freezes then crashes. Pretty annoying since now I can’t work on projects with other people.

I’m getting this on a 2020 M1 Macbook Air—basically an indefinite freeze when I open certain TC places; I had to delete the placeIDEstate xml files to open one team create place, and another one I can’t open no matter what I do. Admins can DM me for place links if it helps.

1 Like

This is happening to me currently, my studio is just freezing basically forever when I open specific place files, I looked at my studio log file and it seems that studio is freezing forever after a decal 403

1 Like