Studio Crashing Upon Start-Up in Group Places

Hi all, I’m looking to get help with a problem that has recently started occurring for me. I try to open Roblox Studio in a group place and it crashes upon start-up every time, in every group place. I can open up personal places just fine. The bug only occurs as I start up Studio before I even load in the place, making it impossible to actually load into the group place because I’m forced to exit out.

This is what the screen looks like when it crashes:

I’m not quite sure when the bug started happening as I hadn’t been in Studio for a few days, but I tried to access Studio for the first time in a few days yesterday and was met with this bug.

Link to game: Smoothie Dev - Roblox
Dump Files: https://devforum.roblox.com/t/studio-crashing-upon-start-up-in-group-places/500383
Microprofiler Dump: I cannot add a microprofiler dump as Studio crashes upon starting up.

System Information:
CPU - Intel(R) Core™ i7-8550U CPU @ 1.80GHz
Memory - 8GB
GPU 0 - Intel(R) UHD Graphics 620
GPU 1 - Radeon ™ 530

Backend Problems:
UserID: 64781196
PlaceID: 4473786287
Date/TimeZone: I cannot give a specific time as this problem has been occurring every time I try to access Studio for a group place for the past 3 days or so. The most recent time I encountered this bug though was on **29/03/2020 10:20 AM (NZDT Timezone)

Any help with this issue would be greatly appreciated, thanks! :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

The crash dumps you’ve provided show that AVG antivirus is reaching into Studio and causing it to crash. You can report this on the AVG Forums and/or whitelist Studio from AVG. If you are whitelisting Studio, you will probably want to whitelist the %localappdata%\Roblox directory instead of just the currently installed version, as it changes after each update.

3 Likes

I whitelisted Studio but I was still getting the problem, so I went ahead and uninstalled the AVG software entirely but that didn’t help either. I am now getting the issue in every single Studio place, and not just group places :grimacing:

If it is still happening without AVG installed, can you reply to the original crash report DM with new crash dumps (.dmp files) / logs (.log files)?

Alright I’ve replied to the DM.

I am still waiting on a reply, if you’re still looking into the issue.

It still seems related to a third-party this time around. In this case, atidxx64.dll, which is AMD’s graphics driver. The point you started experiencing the crashes may have been after a driver update. You should make sure you are running the latest version of AMD’s drivers as they may already have a patch available since this started close to a week ago.

2 Likes

Okay, I played around with the Radeon Software (my drivers were already up to date), and I managed to get Studio to work.

For some reason if my graphics profile was set to Gaming, Studio would crash every time upon start-up. However, if I set it to Standard, it would open up fine :thinking:

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.