Studio crashing when unioning anything

When I union objects together or negate them, etc, it crashes my studio. I get the white crash error window that says “ROBLOX has crashed”. I’ve reinstalled all my drivers to make sure it wasn’t my computer, I even monitored my CPU usage, memory while it happened, and after it crashed; Everything was normal. I can only do simple unions. The problem is inconsistent, meaning, I made a brick wall and it worked fine, then I made a door with about 15 parts and upon unioning, I crashed. I don’t know so far if any others and I’ve looked into other posts about this problem but all of them seem to say that it is the devices problem. I doubt this because my computer is able to run big programs that would most likely lag a normal computer. This just started happening today and my friend can union just fine.This is a major inconvenience.

Update after posting

After unioning just a few parts this happened:

It looks to me like the number of triangles in a union is severely reduced. I have no idea why it is doing this.

Thanks.
Kinohisa / Merc

3 Likes

Having the same error too, maybe this has something to do with the new pivot point update or csg v3.

2 Likes

I had that thought too. I just posted a picture of something else, tell me if the same thing happens to you, it looks like the Triangles are bugging.

Try to disable CSG Version 3

3 Likes

This is what im getting when unioning 2 parts

Yeah I’m pretty sure it is CSG v3 issue because i disabled the beta feature and it’s working now. I hope they fix this issue because a CSG update is needed with all the notorious and high performance updates with graphics and what-not.

Thank you, I didn’t even realize there was a CSG update until today lol, I need to check more often.

1 Like

Well they released it 3 days ago so don’t worry lol

1 Like

I’ve had the same issue with CSG 2 causing me issues. I don’t know if this exactly is a CSG 3 issue.

csg has always been a hot mess. takes an hour to union 5 parts on my machine which has a core i3-6100, gtx 1650, and 16 gigs of ram.

1 Like

Yeah, i hope CSG v3 can optimize the best it can for the sake of our games. It’s long overdue.

1 Like

csg3 gives so many more issues than before. can’t union a complex item that v2 could do sort(of) okay. sad.

1 Like