Studio crashing/exiting consistently when starting a Play Solo session

Studio started crashing every time I start a Play Solo session today. It was working just fine approx 14 hours ago. It seems like the server part of Play Solo starts properly and prints out some start messages in our scripts. The client, however, does not.

Things I’ve tried:

• Disabling all beta features
  • Disabled all Luau and analysis related settings

Neither seems to have any effect.

Running the latest version of Studio on an M3 Max MacBook Pro.

A private message is associated with this bug report

Hi, thanks for submitting this ticket. We’ve been able to reproduce the crash on our side with the given information (thanks!) and are looking for root cause. I will say that this seems to be unique to this place, as I don’t see crashes of the same type from other users. Have you only seen it with this place?

I think it happens in all of our “tycoon” games on this group:

They’re all pretty similar and use the same instance structures

Ok, that makes sense. The good news is we think this was a variant of another reported crash. We’ve rolled out a fix for this now, so if you restart Studio (and make sure you’re on the latest version 644) it should go away. With the change using the file you provided this went from 100% repro to 0%. Please verify this and let us know.

Awesome, yeah I can confirm there are no longer any crashes.

It does however seem like the player part of player solo takes much longer to connect to / disconnect from the server part than before. It was near instant before and now it takes upwards of 10 seconds for each connect (start play solo) and disconnect (stop play solo) action. The server does start working pretty much immediately and prints to output. Could this be related at all?

EDIT: This is the best microprofiler dump I could get for the slow startup behavior. It seems like the replicator is choking for some reason, every frame looks pretty much the same as in this dump for the full duration of 5-10 seconds.
microprofile-20240926-183715.html (1.2 MB)

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.