Studio Dark Mode Issues

Hey there.

I’m posting on behalf of @PeteyK473, @sircfenner, @AbstractAlex, @Den_S @BlockFaceSteve and myself. I have compiled our issues regarding Dark Mode for Studio here.

Script Editor Issues.

• Whenever the dark theme is enabled, messages that are printed in bold to the output are no longer bold, like warn(“test”).

• When you switch back to Light Mode, it doesn’t return to bold.

• Bold messages properly produced in Light Mode stay bold once you switch to Dark.

• The highlight color in the script editor is extremely subtle, making it hard to find the line when clicking on a stack trace in the output.

UI Issues.

• Once you take the UI Editor viewport out, move it into a unique spot that doesn’t drop it anywhere and when you return it to the original location the UI editor icons no longer appear.

https://i.gyazo.com/9fc03a922c424d68219c2cacc2c429bd.mp4

• Dev GUI toggle button gets squashed together in Dark Mode. (Reported on a 3440x1440 monitor.)

• ‘Publish Selection to Roblox’ text is very light and does not show up well.

unknown-8

Dark Mode UI Icon issues.

• Stud Grid icons have white artefacts.

• SpawnLocation icon has white artefacts.

unknown-6

• Body Icons have white artefacts.

unknown-9

• Pants icon has a couple of floating pixels to the right.

unknown-10

SelectionBox and SelectionSphere icons both have white artefacts.

unknown-17

SurfaceSelection icon has white artefacts.

unknown-13

Search button in toolbox is not transparent and does not contrast well.

unknown-20

To save confusion and mess, please post any Dark Mode bugs here so we can find them all in one place.

Many thanks,
Younite

27 Likes

This only happens when you don’t have anything selected, which I presume is intended behaviour as it’s just static text in that state and it’s not meant to look like it can be clicked.

All the other points I’ve noticed and agree with though, and I hope will be addressed.

The text in the script anaylsis widget is black making it hard to read.
dark_theme

1 Like

The Terrain plugin does not work with Dark Mode.

Screenshot

I assume it will get fixed when color API comes out?

1 Like

the terrain editor is a built in plugin that runs in lua, so you’re correct with the color api

1 Like

About the UI Editor Icon being far larger than it should be, they are aware of this and have already stated that it is being fixed. How to enable Dark Theme in Studio

Color API is already out…

settings().Studio[“UI Theme”]

That’s currently just a temporary solution which you should expect to be broken at an unknown time.

1 Like

Ohhh, wasn’t aware of this. Thank you!

1 Like

A lot of these issues will be resolved with the next update. We considered many of them to not be enough of a problem to further delay a long awaited feature. We’ll look through the list you’ve got here and see which ones still need to be resolved!

4 Likes

with the new script window, with dark mode on, its white with light mode text colors. it does not save when I manually set them to default dark mode colors, once I close studio and later reopen it.

edit: just seeing this is from 2018, oops

2 Likes

Please file a new bug report