Studio Design Refresh causes NVIDIA G-SYNC to tank framerate

Can anyone else verify that D3D11 is indeed working?

Use something to toggle information like MSI Afterburner. I don’t think D3D11 is working with the studio refresh update and since that update I have not been able to use Studio to work on my game because it always freezes but it’s only in studio. Studio was fine before the update.

Now if I press play in studio it will eventually freeze. But if you don’t have any program to show you gpu information you can’t base it off switching to Direcr3D11 in studio because you wont know if it’s actually working or not.

I haven’t been able to use Studio since the update and i have not gotten any help about it when i make an a support ticket i always get the “a lot of developers experience this” prompt.

I’m experiencing this in studio even after disabling G-Sync. It seems to be much worse when the viewport is docked in studio, sometimes tanking fps to a full stall. When I un-dock the viewport, my fps is still noticeably lower, but much better performance.

I’ve also tried disabling plugins, beta features, and a full re-install.

• Intel Core i7-7700L 4.2GHz
  • 16GB DDR4 RAM 3200MHz
  • NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB
  • (Monitor) Acer Predator XB281HK
  • Windows 10

(EDIT: restarting my PC did the trick, sucks I have to go through so much hassle to enable/disable g-sync during/after work though)

Instead of disabling G-sync, try changing it to full-screen. This worked for me.

Just want to bump this report to see if there are any updates regarding the issue. This is still happening exactly as described in the original post and hinders my workflow heavily :frowning:. I know engine bugs like these can be hard and laborious to solve so I’d be content just knowing this issue is being worked on or is unsolvable so I can find a more permanent solution. Cheers! :v:

It could be just me, but G-Sync seemed to degrade performance in every game I played. So, maybe it’s not roblox’s fault directly?

That’s an interesting theory but in this situation it doesn’t degrade performance slightly, it makes the application unusable with a frame rate of about 1-2 frames per second. I also haven’t noticed any performance drops in other games (and definitely not as extreme as studio) but I’ll look into it.

I have such issues when working on scripts. It severly lags with my G-SYNC monitor.

Hi - see my note in this duplicate issue. We believe this to be repaired - please reply in that thread if you are still experiencing issues w/ Gsync windowing mode. If possible, please supply repro steps and your observations and we’ll take a look. Also, HW setup and settings are important here.

1 Like