Studio Design Refresh - Docking Overhaul & Ribbon Upgrade

Yep it did.
I have the old buttons above my viewport now.
My view tab is also not cramped together

1 Like

same to do you know what happened its was awesome to have

where? please tell me I want its back

Definitely miss the UI Visibility at this position.

Having it in view is to may steps to quickly show a GUI and hide it again.
Some for having it in shortcuts, I keep clicking on other things due the size of the button.

I used the UI Visibility button most of the time to:

• Quickly show/hide the UI
  • Quickly hide the UI while building
  • Quickly selecting UI elements when working on it (as it enabled the editor, what you can use to quickly select UI elements), without having to search it manually.

And maybe it’s also more annoying now because of the following bug: (Since I can’t get used to it due it)

• When I open studio in a non-team create place my studio reverts the new update and studio overhaul back to the old.
  • When I open studio in a team create place my studio updates to the new update and studio overhaul.

Another bug with the update is that it doesn’t remember where I placed my windows. My drafts keep spawning to the middle of my screen when I open studio again or when I test run the game.

4 Likes
I used the UI Visibility button most of the time to:

* Quickly show/hide the UI
* Quickly hide the UI while building
* Quickly selecting UI elements when working on it (as it enabled the editor, what you can use to quickly select UI elements), without having to search it manually.

I suggest to add the UI Visibility button as a keyboard shortcut if you need it on quicker access. This will be even faster than using the button.

Another bug with the update is that it doesn’t remember where I placed my windows. My drafts keep spawning to the middle of my screen when I open studio again or when I test run the game.
I can not reproduce this issue. Please DM me a video or write more specific reproduction steps.

Please note: If you are facing issues, you need to write detailed reproduction steps or include a video with your post. We can not act on bug reports which are giving vague or not directly reproducible feedback.

Please follow our standard for bug reports here

The new refresh looks amazing but I would like another design of checkmark as the current one looks vague, something like this would be neat, just a bit smaller:

1 Like

My only issues so far are
1: how much space the Properties tab takes when selecting an object
ae

2: The Toolbox keeps placing itself on the right side after loading a new place.
(I always place the Toolbox on the left side of Output.)

3: Like everyone else, the checkmark is a bit harder to read, safest bet would be to revert that one to the previous design.

4: The UI button being moved is kindof an issue to me, it’s true that I could place a hotkey or add it to the quickbar, but I find this just an odd edit after all this time.

Also I found that when I press F7, the Command Bar has to be manually enabled instead of being enabled by default. (Sometimes works for the server view, but not the player views.)

This completely messed up my Studio layout. I can’t even fix it because of it. :confused:

I don’t even want to attempt to fix it because using it has just been one big bad
experience so far. It’s just giving my Studio a complete meltdown and I don’t know what flag I need to use to disable it.

2 Likes

Hi @pobammer, can you please provide the repro steps that got you into this state? Also, can you please tell us what plugins you had installed?

How come some of us got the redesigned layout, and then it disappeared out of nowhere?

Also +1 to everyone else saying that the UI toggle needs to stay put. I don’t see any reason not to have both options.

It seems as if it was causing too many issues and they rolled back the update. If anyone restarts their studio it will revert for them aswell.

*EDIT : Hmm, actually- it looks like some people have not reverted at all. Very strange.

Six issues:

• My widget layout was reset. I opened studio, was prompted to install the latest update (the UI overhaul), then when studio restarted my widgets were reset.

• Bug reoccurrence: Cursor Position Doesn't Save When Switching Between Script Editor Tabs - #3 by EmeraldSlash

• Pressing Ctrl+Shift+F when the Find in All Scripts panel is not visible will bring it to the foreground but will not focus the search input field (so the hotkey needs to be pressed again).

• Widget tab ordering seems to get forgotten/overwritten. For example, if I make a panel on the left side of the screen, and dock multiple tabs inside of it (e.g. Asset Manager, Find in all Scripts, Output), the ordering of these tabs will be modified in some cases I think. (Like when going in and out of Play Solo.)

• New bug: Scripts are running before rendering-related properties have been initialized properly in Play Solo

• There is very noticeable flickering in the studio window when starting/stopping play solo. It’s kind of annoying. There was some flickering previously, but it was more subtle so I wasn’t bothered by it.

3 Likes

please remove the line

4 Likes

When my Studio got update, my Plugin stop detecting any MouseButton connections in Workspace, and this’s VERY annoying for me:

I tried click my mouse everywhere, and it NOT working after this update. Also, after this update, every time I update my plugin, it receives new position, and I forced to manually put it back:

I think I’ll quit Roblox studio, if this bug won’t fixed soon.

Bug: When opening a place for the first time after opening Studio, having plugins in the Quick Access Bar causes it to draw over the ribbon’s categories and render some of them unusable (only Plugins category can be clicked in this situation):

And this is what happens when you already have opened a place, but closed it and opened another one (can’t reproduce 100% of the time):

Refreshing the Quick Access Bar (by editing it’s buttons) seems to temporarily fix theses issues.

1 Like

Because it’s not a ribbon category, it’s a separate button.

There is a reason, and it’s pretty simple - the UI toggle shouldn’t have been there in the first place.

Considering the fact that you now can have multiple tab bars in a single Studio window, it just doesn’t make sense to have the buttons on only one of them.

I’m very confused. By now I had this new Studio Design for around 5 times now. Studio keeps on updating and I keep on getting the old & new Studio Design.

2 days ago I got an update which gave me the old studio design, rather than the new one.

1 Like

Also, widget contents will sometimes fail to be rendered (just showing an empty background). I have noticed this with the Find in All Scripts panel and with sleitnick’s DataStore Editor plugin when moved from floating to being a tab in the main viewport. Could be a plugin issue, but it wasn’t happening before.

After I updated studio, the UI and tablet emulation buttons/widgets disappeared

Does anyone know how to bring it back? it’s way better than constantly switching to view and then clicking “UI Visibility” to toggle selecting the UI

1 Like