Studio Design Refresh - Docking Overhaul & Ribbon Upgrade

Another feature UI designers have been asking for that should be included in this great update to Roblox Studio;

Could we have a way to disable the “click-in-place” like affect? It’s pretty annoying when you want a UI element to be elsewhere instead of recommended spots.

3 Likes

Never would I have thought a VS style window placement system being a thing in the studio script editor.

I’m so glad roblox finally added this I can’t tell you how long and other fellow scripters have been waiting for a studio overhaul and being able to multi-script now just feels like the cherry on top, thank you so much roblox.

This all looks very interesting, and will be much more easier to do things.

1 Like

I’ve never understood this - I’m in the beta program, why do I have to wait until you increase the percentage of “Roblox Studio users” when I’m the one who is opted into the beta.

Anyhow, looks cool, want to try it but can’t because someone thought A/B testing (Beta opt in/out) wasn’t good enough.

10 Likes

I 100% agree with this statement. Previously I had to rely on popping the scripts out into their own widgets; and then, trying to get them positioned next to each other perfectly. Now I won’t have to go through the hassle.

2 Likes

This is great! So happy to see studios getting improved.

1 Like

This is semi-related to what you want, but I would love to see the icons disappear and be replaced with perhaps color coding the words. If they had the text be a good contrast blue, that would be perfect. And then perhaps they could decrease saturation for when it is disabled.

I would totally be up for removing the UI editor. I still want to some sort of snapping capability (only snap to other UIs when holding _ key?), and a way to see the size of a UI object at a glance. Whether or not the size would stay right by the UI element, I would like it.

Even if they don’t remove the UI Editor, I would love to see the ability for snapping sizes when you scale. It is so annoying when I want to simply scale something to exact numbers (without properties) but I keep overstepping the number.

4 Likes

Thanks! i like this update, i hate it when i accidently click and drag explorer out of place, then struggle to put it back…

1 Like

I agree. The UI editor is so garbage it is not even worth using. It needs fixing.

5 Likes

This is cool! I have a question though:

Once the new icons are rolled out (or any other changes, like possible to layout if you also decide to do that.) will we be able to still use the old ones if we choose too? (Most likely via a toggle within the setting). Or will we have to use this no matter what? Just curious, since some people might still like the old icons (or setup. I also probably be one of these people lol, I don’t like massive changes to stuff like this).

Good work! Keep it up!

2 Likes

After full release of the new icons, we won’t be able to use the old ones.

5 Likes

Studio Design Refresh is not released through an opt-in beta. If everything goes well, we will ramp up the % pretty quickly to all Studio users.

4 Likes

Thank you a bunch for the multiple script editor windows. As a scripter, I’ve been dreaming of this for way too long.

5 Likes

Same bud, glad we got to experience it, yknow before it got way more tiring.

3 Likes

Maybe you can reduce the minimum widget size of tabs? Some developers donot have a lot of screen width so their viewport is basically tiny

6 Likes

Jesus I need this more than anything, I hate the current docking problem. Thank you so much Roblox Team <3

2 Likes

i love this update (depends on the community). It’s even easier to use as the docking feature (or similar) has been part of Windows 11

2 Likes

Some high-DPI support is already in the client, so let me just note my stance here in case anyone is listening:

Render the 3D viewport at full resolution or I will stop developing on Roblox.

There is a specific reason I have a 4k display and that is for pixel density. Rendering the viewport at a lower resolution and scaling it up just completely defeats the purpose of having a 4k monitor. And introduces blurry scaling artifacts that make the game look disgusting.

So please, render the 3D viewport at full resolution.

13 Likes