Studio Design Refresh - Updated Icons & High DPI Capabilities

If you are having issues and you believe it is with D3D11, you can change the Roblox Studio “Graphics Mode” setting from Automatic to specify another API like OpenGL or Vulkan as a workaround. A search for Graphics in the Roblox Studio settings window will find it.

I’ve tried them all and opengl still causes studio to freeze or show the box say it encountered an error.

Good update but I had to turn it off because it causes an instant crash whenever I press the + icon in the Explorer…

Looking forward to using it once that’s fixed.

Extra info: No mods, all beta features enabled, no crash text, just stops responding, and happens 100% of the time for me.

1 Like

This is what I experience too my studio was fine before update and enabling DPI. Now it freezes all the time no matter what I’m doing. Even trying to exit studio it will hang up. But I’m supposed to believe it’s device specific.

1 Like

Ive yet to get an update to my studio for this,

Looks great can’t wait to try it out

it’s a beta feature, labelled “Enable DPI Aware Studio.”

Good updates so far, though the the new object explorer is terrible. There’s no padding like the old one, so it’s hard to see what the objects are since my eyes just get focused on something else.

2 Likes

I understand its a beta feature and I have it enabled but not studio updates have been made to the icons.

1 Like

oh hey they made the checkmarks good! neat

1 Like

The new icons look very well made. It’s better for newbies to understand scripts and other stuff now.

1 Like

These new Icons really look great. This gives the whole Studio UI a new look.

But I still have a problem with some icons. My problem is that the mouse cursor icons are still the same. And I would appreciate if those are going to be changed too. For example I attached the Weld Cursor and Lock Cursor.
WeldCursor
UnlockCursor

1 Like

so i just thought of a good question about how we would go about changing the icons of wrap target and wrap layer. because they both have different icon state.

1 Like

Has anybody made a custom icon set with the old icons yet? I find the old ones easier to see than the new ones

3 Likes

I don’t see any point in improving what is already normal. this makes the studio even more uncomfortable considering that even without these new icons, the interface has changed and it has also become inconvenient to use this interface. for example, the material is manager. I hope that they will understand me and leave the completely old interface (which is now at the time of writing, but still slightly reversed). many developers don’t have time to study the studio anyway, and the updated icons of these developers will confuse them. A good option would be to leave the current interface as the last one and the ability to switch to it.

2 Likes

Yeah, the new icons look pretty dead and dry looking too. Wait, are they trying to do a Halloween thing?

2 Likes

It’s hard for me to distinguish in what state the UI is, is it disabled or not? Light gray and dimmed gray are hard to notice especially on a big monitor.

2 Likes

To fix this, change your color type to 16-color mode on your monitor or display settings. Then, these UI elements should have a texture to them indicating that they are disabled.

This was the case for many years when creating the icon, but now it is switched to 256 colors for these icons and buttons so you can’t see that greyed out texture.

PLS JUST PLS can u add a option to choose the vanilla and the new ones coz that might help since many people will get confused and some even hate it

1 Like

They did. You can install custom icon packs.

I do enjoy the new look on the Studio, I had an issue a few days ago where when I pressed the + button next to a instance my studio crashed, this caused me to lose a lot of progress since I regularly depend on auto-save, it has since been fixed and other than that I enjoy it

1 Like