Studio Design Refresh - Updated Icons & High DPI Capabilities

If we were to do things again Raycast/OverlapParams would probably be Instances.

For a while we were unsure of whether to make these option packs custom types or Instance subtypes so there were some of both. Now we’re pretty set on them being Instances, because we figure that long term we’ll have enough of them that we don’t want to pollute the global namespace with them and if they’re Instances they fit into the existing documentation patterns people are familiar with (Datatypes like RaycastParams need their own special documentation / code completion support etc that can’t be autogenerated).

1 Like

Oh ok, now I understand. I thought TeleportOptions was the one out of place but looks like the other ones were.

True, there is a bunch of things that are global in the program already.

Thank you for answering!

I like how this time you can actually disable the icons as they are beta features instead of them being forced to use them

7 Likes

This message will age very well in about a week

7 Likes

Once this is no longer a beta feature will I be able to opt out and revert back to the legacy icons? Or will the only way to revert back to the legacy icons be to manually overwrite each icon with it’s legacy counterpart?

5 Likes

Yeah the lack of color then suddenly color in the model tab annoys me, and every time I do something, I cringe and things end up taking longer to do.

1 Like

@Deadwoodx, i thing you are using Roblox Studio Beta so you can’t got the acces to the new icons.

You mean I am not using the new studio beta icons?

No, i mean are you using Original Roblox Studio or Roblox Studio launcher.exe?

RobloxStudioBeta.exe and RobloxStudioLauncherBeta.exe are both the same. With the difference that the Launcher will automatically update studio and close all currently open studio tabs.

I mean, it’s the icon of a script, what else you wanted?

Just noticed some of the icons turn fuzzy. This isn’t a big thing but I just wanted to point it out

1 Like

Yeah, that has been a weird issue. That arrow to toggle the tabs annoys me the most lol

Please bring the blue icons back… The ribbon icons are better because they have color unlike in version 553 where the ribbon icons are just… white.

3 Likes

idk if this is part of the update but just realised that the CFrame value is displayed with position as well now

I wish that Roblox Studio would allow me to just enable the “DPI Aware” beta feature, without the icons, because as this here said:

It’s a bit too monotone, I used to fastly recognise the buttons also by color.

Not sure what they ment with:

now i can use vanilla again

Is there a custom config to use the Vanilla icons? Does anyone have that?

you can disable it in the beta features

How?

I only see this option:

yes if u disable that then that removes the icons

1 Like

But it also disables the DPI Aware Studio, and then the selection box and etc. is offset and not exactly where my mouse is pointing at.