Studio disconnected from all drives and crashed when attempting to publish

I was working in Studio for a while (4+ hours), and a couple of minutes ago autosave suddenly failed, but I managed to manually save just fine. I left my desk for a little while and when I came back Studio was unable to save at all. All of my drives had suddenly stopped being visible to Studio, and when I tried to publish instead, Studio crashed.

My drives were just fine outside of Studio, which is why I’m assuming this is a Studio issue. Ideally, Studio should not have crashed when I tried to publish, but I’m not sure if that can be avoided if all of my drives are suddenly inaccessible.

This has only happened once.
I have the crash logs + dump available upon request.

Specs

Details + Images

When Studio refused to let me save, I tried Save As and noticed the left panel of the file explorer was empty.

Then I tried to leave this folder via the address bar and noticed all of my icons were dead / low resolution cached thumbnails.

Then I refreshed and apparently all of my drives ceased to exist.

At this point I logically thought I’d just publish instead.

RobloxStudioBeta_2018-11-04_17-55-01

HAHA NOT SO.

Would be nice to know if anyone’s ever had this happen before / why it might happen lmao.

5 Likes

Your PC looks odd to me. At that explorer zoom level, those icons shouldn’t be being employed. In addition, your disc drive is just a black block. How long have you been running your current installation of Windows?

Also, what, if any, shell modification software do you have installed?

1 Like

This was purely a problem inside Studio. Explorer displayed everything properly outside of Studio and there were no non-Roblox problems. The screenshots show the symptoms of Roblox losing access to my drives.

There is nothing weird about my Windows installation. At worst I have weird drivers because I swapped motherboards halfway through this installation, but this has never happened before and it’s been about 6 months.

The issue is that studio itself is never reading the drives. As far as my understanding of Windows goes, most apps use explorer.exe to search the PC for a save location.

Those crash logs should be handy. May you post them?