Studio drops to 3fps after play testing

Couldn’t find any recent posts about this so I decided to post this here.

Describe the bug. Describe what is happening when the bug occurs. Describe what you would normally expect to occur.

Studio runs at a constant 60fps for me while I am developing a game. Play testing runs at about 30fps, which is normal, and nothing seems broken. I stop testing to add a new feature, studio drops to 3-8fps and has massive lag spikes whenever the mouse or camera moves.

How often does the bug happen (Everytime/sometimes/rarely)? What are the steps that reproduce the bug? Please list them in very high detail. Provide simple example places that exhibit the bug and provide description of what you believe should be the behavior.

This happens every time I test a game, even a blank baseplate causes this.

Would a screenshot or video help describe it to someone? If so, post one.

microprofile-20191226-213212.html (595.9 KB)

For graphics bugs, it is sometimes helpful to know your system specs, especially graphics card.

CPU - Intel i7-8700k
GPU - Nvidia RTX 2060
OS - Windows 10 Home 64x

When did the bug start happening? If we can tie it to a specific release that helps us figure out what we broke.

Not long ago, near to the middle of December.

Anything else that you would want to know about the bug if it were your job to find and fix it.

fps seems to jump to about 40 when studio is not in focus, I have disabled all of my plugins as that seemed to be the cause for others but it has not helped.

1 Like

try disabling VSync/G-Sync? i had this issue on another computer and that fixed it for me

6 Likes

Thanks, didn’t even realise it was enabled.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.