Studio flashes bright white background when opening or switching from window

Reproduction Steps

Studio flashes with a bright white background when opening a studio instance or opening a minimized studio instance. This might trigger epilepsy and hurts the eyes in darker rooms.

Studio Version:
Version 0.550.0.5500640

My system specs:

• Intel Core i7-9700K
  • 32GB ram
  • NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti
  • Windows 11

Beta Features:

• All disabled

Reproduction Files:

• Happens in any studio instance

Expected Behavior

I expect that there’s not a bright white flash.

Actual Behavior

Showing the flashing issue.

Issue Area: Studio
Issue Type: Display
Impact: Low
Frequency: Constantly
Date First Experienced: 2022-10-29 20:10:00 (+02:00)

6 Likes

I don’t get the issue on my Windows 10 system. Try disabling G-Sync?

Thanks for the report! We’ll investigate.

3 Likes

Hi, we had closed this out a while ago internally, but had a number of threads on it and forgot to respond to this one. This issue was previously resolved as part of some other fixes. Thanks!

1 Like

I still have this issue, actually. Version 0.589.0.5890596 (64bit)

Is that every time you load? When I’ve seen something like this before it relates to a specific plugin - do you have a plugin that is somewhat around the same size as the flash when it comes up? (Looks to be the size of the screen overall)

Here’s an updated example.

I honestly don’t know if it even can be fixed.
I think it’s a windows thing and not a Roblox thing the more I look at it.

Is what you’re experiencing now more or less the same as the original video? Or if not can you post a new video?

It has something to do with some API somewhere in Windows. It happens on Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge.

But for some reason I don’t experience it when enabling this:
“Animate Windows when minimizing and maximizing” should be checked. It’s not on your system.

1 Like

Interesting - I do see a very brief flash when min/maxing the window with that setting unchecked. @DevJanick can you check that setting and see if changing it yields a different result?

Its under Run->SystemPropertiesAdvanced->Settings->Performance->Animated windows when minimizing and maximizing

Yeah, that actually fixed it.

Thanks @SubtotalAnt8185, now people need to be more aware of this.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.