Studio freezes (not responding) for a long time while publishing game

I can as well confirm the exact same issue, it happens on every game for me (even baseplate), it did start happening recently as well

1 Like

Hi all, a number of changes have gone in since this was reported, can anyone please respond if they are still experiencing this? (Repros on Baseplate are most appreciated if this is happening, also sending logs is extremely helpful).

1 Like

Suddenly started getting issues with server save errors in team create, as well as not being able to commit scripts. Started happening roughly 30 minutes ago. Unsure if its related or not.

Yes, this issue is still around - I believe gigagiele has a repro file of my original place where the freezing is most prevalent. We have since split our original place file into many smaller places, which now get a much shorter and manageable version of the freeze on the larger of them (before splitting this would be about 5 minutes or so, afterwards on the split places it is only about 30 seconds or so), and the smaller places don’t freeze at all / only for a second or two.

I imagine a baseplate repro would be difficult to make as it seems to be directly tied to the size of the place.

3 Likes

Yes, this issue still occurs in the same way for me, no variation whatsoever. I’m trying to publish my place as we speak and have to wait about 5 minutes before the window unfreezes.

I should clarify, though, that this issue only occurs with very big projects (lots of parts). However, this didn’t happen before September of last year, so I’d say it’s something worth fixing.

Hi, do you have an estimated rule of thumb on how you split your places? For sure its going to take longer for larger places, and we’ve put some changes in for that work flow but its obviously “not there yet” if this is still happening.

Thanks - can you indicate if this is under Team Create, cloud save, local file etc?

Dan, this feels like a different error - if this is still occurring for you please post another bug (with logs) and we’ll take a look.

Normal studio mode. For me, it only happens when trying to publish this place: Estadio Nacional de Chile - Roblox

I’m 100% sure that the problem started at the night of September 19th of last year. Before that update, it would take like 2 or 3 seconds to publish, without freezing at all. After that update, it always freezes when trying to publish and eventually gets published and unfreezes after 5 minutes. This definitely isn’t normal.

If I save it to a local file it gets saved instantly.

I think I do have logs, how may I send them to you? I just tried to send a message to the bug-files group, let me know if I need to do anything else. I also sent you a message with the log.

Also, forgot to mention that I did try to revert back to a previous version with less parts, and the same issue occurred. I believe this proves that this was a side effect of an update on your end.

Not sure exactly what info you need, but they are split by world / game areas. Before the splitting, our largest file was ~45,000kb, now our two largest places are ~18,000kb each and the smaller ones are closer to ~8,000kb.

The 45,000kb place is what the original post references and would take close to 5 minutes to publish.

The 18,000kb places now take ~30 seconds, while the 8,000kb places only take a few moments.

Because of the splitting that we’ve done it is really not a huge issue for us any longer - we can live with the 30 second publishes - but as others have stated in this thread this is something that changed one day from being almost instant on our original 45,000kb place to taking 5 minutes - so I do believe this is a bug or perhaps, but hopefully not, an unavoidable result of some studio update. And of course this is affecting others in this thread, who may not have the option to split their places as we have.

4 Likes

Hi, apologies for the very delayed response to this thread. We’ve been looking over our missed tickets and this important issue came up. Are folks still running into this issue? If so, would it be possible to send a place that reproduces the issue to the bug-files group again and share a link to message in this thread (it will only be viewable by admins) Logs / crash dumps / other bug files - Developer Forum | Roblox

Thanks again for your cooperation.

1 Like

Hello. This bug doesn’t occur in the same way for me, it’s still there but it’s different now. It used to instantly freeze the window when pressing the “Publish to Roblox” button. Now it doesn’t instantly freeze, but it still eventually freezes after a while and takes like 10 minutes or more before it gets published.

I say this bearing in mind that before the bug, the place would be published in less than 10 seconds. Big difference.

Sent the place in which it occurs, please let me know if you need anything else: https://devforum.roblox.com/t/place-link-studio-freezes-for-a-long-time-while-publishing-game/2864094