Studio Freezes with Script Object

Every since the latest update as of this post I can no longer work in studio with scripts because it freezes. I pressed Play Test and enter just fine, that is until I add something like this: image

I get this popup.

I have to always use task manager to forcefully close the program.

This is a problem for me because I’m supposed to have a release date on the 19th before I go back to college.

1 Like

The same thing is currently happening to me, here is my studio version.
Same operating system as the other guy, this happens every time I press play solo. Start server works fine.

YES EXACTLY! My Start Server is perfectly fine but Play Solo is just plain broken.

1 Like

So the issue is that play solo brings up that dialog, then freezes, whenever you do play solo? As best I can tell, that dialog will only appear if you disable the lua debugger in the settings menu. Can you check that LuaDebuggerEnabled is checked?

It’s disabled, I’ll try enabling it.

That worked as a fix! However I don’t remember ever disabling the lua debugger, there’s a good chance a lot of other users are having these issues.

I think the update disabled it for some people.

I’ve had this issue yesterday and the way I fixed it was simply uninstalling ROBLOX studio and reinstalling it.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.