Studio freezing indefinitely on file open

Sometime within the last day or two an update must have been pushed to Studio that’s causing certain files of mine to freeze Studio indefinitely when the loading progress bar hits 85%. What’s weirder, friends of mine running the exact same Studio version (0.389.1.310791 64bit - Windows 10) are able to open these files without issue but no matter what I do, I can’t open them. I’ve tried restarting my computer, reinstalling Studio, and having my friends re-save the file as something new to send back but nothing has changed. I’ve also double checked the log files being outputted as Studio crashes but they’re identical to files outputted when Studio successfully boots. This issue occurs 100% of the time for random important files of mine, regardless of the date they were saved last. I was able to get into these files either yesterday or the day before.

I can’t upload the file here for security reasons but would be willing to email it to an engineer.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as these files are super important.

11 Likes

I can’t be of too much help not being an engineer, but to clarify, you’re talking about place files, right? And are they saved in the binary format or the XML format?

I have run into this issue too and I was not having any issues previously until I update to the latest version of Windows 10 last night.

OS Name: Microsoft Windows 10 Home
OS Version: 10.0.17763 Build 17763

Can you send me the place file and logs?

2 Likes

When a fix is found, will it be pushed out rather than having to wait for the next Studio release? This bug would seem quite severe as it is seriously hindering my ability to develop. I just lost hours of work due to Studio crashing and I have no way of getting it back since I cannot open auto recoveries.

Hi Everyone,
We have found the root cause of this issue, and we should be putting out a fix sometime next week. In the meantime, one workaround is to log into an alternate account and open any local problematic .rxbl files that way (this should work), delete all package links (this is a Packages-related issue), save the place, then reopen it on your main account.
We apologize for the inconvenience and will notify this thread once a fix has been sent out.

3 Likes

Right now I’m having an issue where I can’t open any places at all, not just place files, but also online places, neither from the edit button nor from starting Studio itself.

Studio starts when I click on it, and I can click on a place to edit it, but as soon as it starts loading Studio freezes. Is this possibly related?

I’ve tried on another account too, and I still couldn’t open the places.

Hi konlon15,
If you are still running into this issue, please make a separate forum post with all relevant information (place Ids, times where you could not open them, could other people open their places, etc.)

A fix for this issue is now live, and you should no longer run into this issue. If you still run into this issue, we will take another look to see if there is something else we can do.

Issue is back! Except now its not just freezing, its lagging! I can barely move my camera around. Tried using RGB profile, graphics on lowest setting, followed several lag removal tutorials on youtube, and switching to OpenGL, none of which worked. Please update us on this asap as I literally can’t develop right now!

If anyone else has info or anything that could help, please comment it! Really frustrating!!

2 Likes

Hi Hadiisepic,
This seems to be an issue that is unrelated to the current topic. Please create a new topic about this issue and add all relevant computer info, repro steps, etc. and we will address it and try our best to resolve the issue.

Hello, it’s fixed now, however in future I will! Thanks for the heads up!

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.