Studio freezing indefinitely on file open

Every time I try to open any place, including the empty baseplate, studio freezes, and never responds.

I tried reinstalling, reinstalling and deleting everything roblox related from AppData, deleting IE and firefox cookies in case its a log in issue, added roblox to firewall exceptions, but nothing seems to work.

Windows 10 Professional
CPU: Intel i5-6600K
GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080
Memory: Kingston HyperX 2600MHz 16GB
SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500gb
Internet: Stable Gigabit Fiber connection

This issue appears to be caused by:

1 Like

When did this first start happening?

Does that include opening local place files? (since the baseplate (new file) is technically a cloud game that Studio has to load up)

1 Like

I had a similar issue happened sporadically to me last week as well. If you let it wait, does it eventually timeout, and say some type of authentication failure?

Are you also unable to log into Roblox.com? In my case, I couldn’t.

I did everything I can in regards to opening firewall for Roblox, I shut-off my anti-virus, rebooted router, rebooted PC ton of times, and just as it appeared, it disappeared after a couple of hours?!?. This happened to both of my laptops which have Windows 10 installed.

1 Like

This happened probably a month ago for the first time but someone told me everyone else was having it too and it was being fixed, so I didn’t think that much about it, now opening studio today it happened again, making me believe the issue was and is still on my end or something.

Yes

1 Like

No, just doesn’t respond at all, waited 20 minutes maximum.

Yes I can log in

My studio has also been doing this recently too, but load times are a bit slower. Sometimes I have to wait around 4-7 minutes to load up anything even a Baseplate like you mentioned, while other times it doesn’t take much time at all.

This might be why it takes some time though.

I’ve never had to wait this long. If I wait more than 10 minutes, I usually end the task in Task Manager and try to boot up the place again.

How do exactly do you open your place?
Do you open studio first and then go to file and open a place or do you open it right from the folder app on your computer?

If you only tried one then I suggest to try the other way

Please try disabling your plugins.

Hi, @Elmuowo,

If Studio freezes next time again, please generate the full dump file and PM me the link to download:-) Thanks a lot!

Please refer below to collect the dump file with windows task manager.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/931673/how-to-create-a-user-mode-process-dump-file-in-windows

And since the file may be large, you can upload to google drive, then PM me the shared link to download:-)

Best Regards,
lll_xyz

1 Like

A post was moved out for being off-topic.

Had a similar issue like this where whenever I tried to open to add assets into my game, Decals, Meshes etc would freeze my studio and crash.

I’m facing this issue as well, and it’s quite frustrating in all honesty. Deleted Roblox Studio a few times and rebooted my computer, yet nothing appears to be working.

Hi, @ParlousPlutonium ,

If Studio freezes next time again, please generate the full dump file and PM me the link to download:-) Thanks a lot!

Please refer below to collect the dump file with windows task manager.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/931673/how-to-create-a-user-mode-process-dump-file-in-windows

And since the file may be large, you can upload to google drive, then PM me the shared link to download:-)

Best Regards,
lll_xyz

Just checked @ParlousPlutonium 's dump, and Studio is freezing due to the “PluginManager::createPlugin”. Though not knowing the calling context, noticed @PeZsmistic mentioned a freezing issue related to that, I think they may be the similar issue:-)

So, maybe please try to find the suspicious plugin and disable it, hopefully that might be a workaround:-)

3 Likes

I’m having the same issue. I’m on the newest version of Studio. I don’t have any beta features enabled. I’ve tried opening from the website. When I do, it loads forever. On a group and local place, it freezes.

It started for me a week or two ago.

received your PMed dump, while I am outside and not convenient to check dump:-)
Could you try to disable some suspicious plugins and to see if the issue disappears?

Just disabled all of them, and I could load. Not sure what’s causing it since I haven’t changed anything.

2 Likes

The answer is in the OP. You should make sure to carefully read bug reports before bugging engineers on holidays :slight_smile:

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.