Studio / Game Keeps Crashing

Some Basic Info

• No Errors
  • Only one loop that just runs 4 times a second to see where the truck is located at in comparison to the last hose placed.
  • No frame rate reduction / drop prior to the game crashing.
  • No noticeable physics lag either during the test.
  • The hoses do not have collision with themselves, only the baseplate.
  • This consistently happens when the 7th hose is deployed.

Video:

I have no clue why studio would be crashing on this one, If you need me to film another showing different statistics feel free to ask. Maybe there is a weird limit to an amount of parts I can have? I am left clueless on this one.

2 Likes

may you show the script so i can see whats causing the issue

if there is a limit them maybe wait a while to destroy the oldest part

I dont think there is an issue with the script. It seems to have to deal with the part / joint count.

So I changed it up so it is anchored instead of unanchored, that appears to have fixed the issue, however this kinda annoys me because its fine up until then. Any suggestions on how I can fix this?

how many parts does your car have, if there were many parts it would lag and not crash instantly, theres a high chance that there’s something wrong with a script, you would need thousands of parts to crash the game and it still wouldn’t be instant.

Part count can be seen within the video. After experimenting, I lowered the rope length for each section. I was able to have more sections spawn but right after I passed a certain part count the game instantly crashes. This is definitely not a computer issue given I am running a 4080 and a i9-14900k.

• Basically the game crashes after a number of parts, not a script issue.

hmm, maybe try to uninstall roblox studio and install it again?

This is an issue across multiple studios. It seems to be pretty consistent with the amount of parts stringed together.

well i got no idea how to fix that then, im really sorry.