Studio Game Settings Permissions tab never loads for some experiences

Reproduction Steps:
(Unsure if it’s only non-group experiences or both.)
1.) Have an experience with a lot of private servers (I’m assuming it’s VIP servers based on the error message.) My game has around 1700 private servers.
2.) Open “Game Settings” to edit permissions or monetization.
3.) Neither permissions or monetization will load.

Expected Behavior:
Permissions and monetization should load so I can add team-create developers and edit monetization settings.

Actual Behavior:
Neither tabs load, causing me to be unable to add any new team create members and I also cannot modify any monetization settings within studio. I am able to access VIP server management from the website under universe settings on the website.
This has been happening for a long time, but I haven’t had the need to edit either settings so I put off reporting the bug. However I wanted to add a developer to the team create and due to this issue I’m unable to.

Error in console:

12:06:51.212     Failed builtin_GameSettings.rbxm.GameSettings.Pages.MonetizationPage.Controllers.MonetizationController:114: HttpResponse = { responseTimeMs : 60048.476696014404, responseCode : 504, responseBody : <html><body><h1>504 Gateway Time-out</h1>
The server didn't respond in time.
</body></html>
, requestOptions : { Url : https://develop.roblox.com/v1/universes/447789585/configuration/vip-servers, Method : GET } }

Visiting the API endpoint from a browser on an account with team-create permissions:
(Loads for 60 seconds and then times out.)

This issue is currently preventing me from editing any team-create options so this is currently affecting my experience’s development. If an engineer would be able to provide either an API method for adding team create members or work around so I could add new team create members that would be very appreciated.

Workaround:
None as of this moment, I currently do not have a way to add new team-create members. I can modify VIP server configuration on the website however.

(The loading private server subscriptions text also stays loading forever and then displays an error message after quite a few minutes.)

Issue Area: Studio
Issue Type: Game Settings
Impact: Very High
Frequency: Always
Date First Experienced: Sometime last year in 2021
Date Last Experienced: 2022-2-22

Game PlaceId: 1080039206
Game UniverseId: 447789585

4 Likes

Can confirm this is still happening for my game Case Clicker. It is preventing me from editing who has access to the experience.

UniverseId: 290999714

Game link: Case Clicker - Roblox

I have an issue now where for my Experience I can’t see the Roles under Game Settings → Permissions. I’m curious did your issue simply resolve at some point?

This issue was still occuring last I checked.

Looks like they revamped the Permisisons tab though, and like you said, I no longer see any roles under that tab… or anywhere in Game Settings for that matter.

Is there anywhere within Studio that you know of to modify the Role permissions now per Experience?

It looks like it got moved to the top right of Studio. Click the blue “Collaborate” button & it should show up!

Awesome, thank you so much for digging in and finding that!

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.