Studio GUI isn't same as before

This is a support category for asking questions about how to get something done on the Roblox websites or how to do something on Roblox applications such as Roblox Studio.

You can write your topic however you want, but you need to answer these questions:

1. What do you want to achieve? I want Studio GUI to be the same (Example : Property is on left, But property is on Right)

2. What is the issue? Studio GUI is not updating everytime I joined the game

3. What solutions have you tried so far?
    -I look for the solutions in the DevForum, But the result is Gui in StarterGui not Gui in Studio

I can’t work in Studio cuz I am mad everytime I see this

Feel free to ask me!

After that, you should include more details if you have any. Try to make your topic as descriptive as possible, so that it’s easier for people to help you!

1 Like

If I’m understanding correctly; you are able to click and drag the properties to the left.

it’s their fault:

and I’m angry too.

Hello, yes we switched over to our new docking system yesterday which we had in Beta since December. This switch over will reset your layout data (because the way we save your layout has totally changed) but you can re-adjust your layout once that reset happens.

You absolutely can move the Properties panel to the right. Just drag it over there!

We didn’t do this randomly or without thought. It was a necessary change to solve corruption and crashing issues happening with some creators. Our only other options would be to disable the docking system completely (so no custom layouts) or not support very specific versions of Windows 10/11.

In december I have comment your topic

Nothing I shared with you has been fixed. The white bar is still present when the widget is full screen and my layout is still not possible.

(I hate seeing this thing appear to tell me where I can place the widget, it’s not aesthetic at all in addition to being super annoying.)

And this layout doesn’t interest me at all. I lose all readability of the output and it’s unpleasant.

My studio layout is not random, it was the most productive I could have had. I wasn’t the only one to ask for this layout to be supported. But you have decided to ignore our requests and now ask us to work with this system which is not suitable. This is a big lack of respect.

We have to balance feedback and requests all within the constraints we have to work with. During that particular time, there were far more people upset we didn’t have a full window width South region and we prioritized making that update. Unfortunately we have to make tradeoffs and I’m sorry that you felt disrespected by that.

We will see what we can do with accommodating a lower panel that crosses two regions. We can’t remove the titlebar on an OS native window. I am working on some ideas for improving the UX of the placeholder panels. These changes will take time to design, build, and test so they won’t come next week.

So why don’t we just turn off this new system until we fix it? Well in the past 24 hours we’ve seen every creator that was experiencing random layout corruption no longer having it after getting the new system.

So why don’t we just turn on the new system for those affected people? Because the issues we’re resolving can happen due to a very wide set of circumstances like their OS version, their plugins installed, their particular layout, and how they work in Studio. It’s quite impossible to predict who could be affected and often creators don’t even know they are having the issue.

1 Like