Studio hangs when using move tool to move multiple parts with collision turned on

Description: When using the studio move tool with the collisions setting turned on, if I move multiple parts through other parts it causes a hang.

In this instance I’m moving two other parts through some other parts by dragging my mouse until the parts snap into position. I’m using an increment of 0.25.

I’m pretty sure this doesn’t happen when using only one part since I wasn’t able to replicate it using one part.

Example video.

Repo file.
repo-file.rbxl (137.1 KB)

Hello! I’ve tried to reproduce the issue, however haven’t been able to get it to happen. In fact, when I select the two parts in question, the Move tool doesn’t center between the two and instead just focuses on the last selected and I can move both without any issues. Does it still occur for you?

I am still able to replicate the issue, I’ve disabled all my plugins as well and I’m still able to replicate it.

I sometimes have to move the parts a bunch (like in the video) in order to replicate it

Thanks for reporting. I was eventually able to reproduce. We’ve filed a ticket to our internal database and we’ll follow up when we have an update for you.

3 Likes

This issue should now be resolved! If this issue is still occurring, please create a new topic for us to look into.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.