Studio hard crashes after deleting TextLabel

I can’t delete a TextLabel without my studio hard crashing, resulting in progress loss. Another person I spoke also experienced crashing when I sent them the repro.

I have no beta features or plugins enabled.

Reproduction steps:

• Open the place provided below
  • Locate the interface in StarterGui
  • Open the interface and locate Feed.TextLabel
  • Delete it and observe the crash

Reproduction file:
Repro.rbxl (50.3 KB)

System info:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core Processor
RAM: 32 GB 3600 MHz
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti

3 Likes

i was just about to make a post about a similar issue but i saw this so i thought i’d add onto it. when uilistlayout is set to horizontal it just crashes if anything is inside of it (not sure if urs is set to horizontal but it works perfectly fine when its vertical). the bug is caused by uilistlayout being set to horizontal (at least for me this is the case)

edit:

i would advise you to enable cloud saving (idk why it’s not enabled by default) so everything you do is autosaved. i was working on a gui but i didn’t lose it because it was autosaved

2 Likes

It looks like the bug is related to AutomaticSize on the TextLabel. Changing it to None stops the crashing from happening.

Edit:
Here are the specific conditions for it to crash:

• Set AutomaticSize to any value
  • Make sure its Size property has no Offset value, e.g.: UDim2{1, 0, 1, 0}, UDim2{1, 0, 0, 0}, UDim2{0, 0, 1, 0}, if it has any offset it won’t crash
1 Like

ah that might be why then​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

1 Like

This should be fixed now. Feel free to post here if you still encounter this problem.

2 Likes

nope

It still doesn’t work.‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎

1 Like

You may be experiencing a slightly different issue. Mind posting a place that reproduces your problem along with steps? That will help diagnose the issue.

1 Like

sillygui.rbxl (62.7 KB)

This looks like a different issue. Please submit a different ticket. Thanks!

1 Like

i would if i had permission to

See this: The Big Bug Reporting Update, in the meantime message @Bug-Support in the format of a bug report

1 Like

Thanks for reporting this! This is a known issue with flex layout + automatic size + TextScaled causing flickering layouts.

This should be fixed soon, but in the meantime you can disable one of flex layout/automatic size/TextScaled to fix the issue.

1 Like

THANK YOU FOR ACTUALLY BEING HELPFUL! this bug is finally fixed and i appreciate it. i was able to make this silly dialog system

1 Like