Studio high DPI scaling is completely broken

So, I went onto Studio today to find this:

All of the icons are scaled up by (I think) 400%, and everything is extremely blurry. Studio is pretty much unusable. My monitor resolution is slightly unconventional being 5120x2160, but this really shouldn’t be happening, even at that resolution, and hasn’t up until now.

Trying to open a plugin window (such as Rojo) also has some really strange issue where it only renders the content in the top left quarter of the window:

EDIT
I set the scaling override setting on the RobloxStudioBeta.exe file to application, and now everything looks sharp, but the issue with plugin UI still exists:

The little thing at the top is the default Toolbox, which for some reason is also stuck like that with no window header to close / move it.

EDIT 2
The above issues with UI only showing in the top quarter seems to also apply to the mouse when playtesting. It moves around in the top left quadrant of the screen, and twice as slow as usual, and can’t reach the other 3 quadrants of the screen at all. It’s impossible to do any sort of playtesting in studio right now.

4 Likes

Sounds like this came from the latest update. @tamtamchu

2 Likes

Thanks for the report! We’ve filed a ticket to our internal database and we’ll follow up when we have an update for you.

1 Like

Hi there, thanks for filing this bug report. Unfortunately, fixing it isn’t currently on the roadmap so we can’t prioritize a fix at this time. Note from engineering: Until we move to the next version of QT we can’t properly support High DPI. We’ll look into fixing these issues once we have the proper technology and design specs.

4 Likes