Studio is Ending Support for Mac OS X 10.9 (Mavericks)

I’ll make it short and sweet…

Starting November 1st, 2019 we will be discontinuing Studio support for Mac OS X 10.9 (Mavericks). 10.9 is no longer supported by its vendor, Apple, and accounts for a very small percentage of Studio users.

Discontinuing support for an Operating System is never a fun task, but this will allow us to focus more of our efforts on improving Studio and therefore, your lives. After November 1st, MacOS will inform you that your OS is no longer supported for the application and you will be unable to run Roblox Studio.

Now is the time to upgrade! We support Mac OS 10.10 and above! So, if you are currently using Mac OS 10.9 or know someone who does, please upgrade as soon as possible.

Remember this date: November 1st, 2019
November 1st, 2019
November 1st, 2019
November 1st, 2019
I think you get the idea…

If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to me in DMs or post in this very announcement.

Thanks,
Studio Team

70 Likes

This topic was automatically opened after 47 minutes.

to clarify, does this mean no more updates or the inability to open studio in this os version entirley?

6 Likes

I myself don’t own a mac, but is it being discontinued because its an old operation system? Like the same reason support for windows vista, or windows XP was ended?

4 Likes

Entirely @itsme_Xyloto, you will no longer be able to run Roblox Studio with the OS version listed above.

5 Likes

Is the reason for ending functionality of OS X 10.9 the same as the recent ending of Windows Vista (upgrading “toolkits” used)?

When these types of announcements are made, could “ending support” be replaced with something else to specify they won’t work at all? When I saw “ending support” for this and the Windows Vista announcement, I thought they would still work but bug reports would not be addressed and the client and studio will not be validated on those versions. However, in both contexts, the changes has been to make both versions non-functional.

9 Likes

Press the apple logo at the top left hand side of your screen

If the number I circled is above 10.9… U good.
59%20PM

5 Likes

When would support for the Roblox Player end for Mac OS X 10.9? Are there any plans for that?

Disclaimer: I am not a Mac user.

4 Likes

I believe a long time. (At least a year)

3 Likes

The help website currently shows that OS X 10.7 (Lion) is still supported, so my guess is OS 10.9 (Mavericks) will stay supported for a while. I do wonder if part of the reason Lion still is significant enough to support is school systems using old Apple A1181 (2006-2009) or A1342 (2009 and 2010) MacBooks that shipped with those versions and never updated. I did some IT work for one of my town’s elementary schools 2 years ago that updating 34 MacBooks of those models ranging from OS X 10.4 (Tiger) to OS X 10.9 (Mavericks), and that school system is definitely the only case of having out of date MacBooks in-bulk.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.